Originally Posted by slarti View Post
Does anyone else's google talk availability status change to "offline" without any reason? Mine does, and when I try to change it to "online" it says "wrong password" twice and then connects on the third attempt. After a while it's "offline" again. Skype works as expected all the time, it's just google talk. What's going on?
Yes, many people has this problem as well including me. I no longer turn on chat all the time because it has been a big source of battery drain for me

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Finland
i'm trying to enable key based login for root login over ssh

but after generating the keys to /root/.ssh/
and creating the folder /root/.ssh/authorized_keys/
and copying the public key over to that folder, i noticed that the /root/.ssh/ contents are wiped periodically.

what am i doing wrong?

edit+: looks like what i was doing wrong was that the folder is actually supposed to be a file.. and i have not yet at least had the contents suddenly disappearing again

Last edited by mooglez; 2011-10-24 at 15:40.

more on the n9 hardware, i know that there is a notfication light on the dowm left hand corner, and i only saw it lit up when i power up my phone wgile i press hold the power button, other than that, i've never.seen it working.on other occassion, is that normal? not even when charging

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by kai_en View Post
more on the n9 hardware, i know that there is a notfication light on the dowm left hand corner, and i only saw it lit up when i power up my phone wgile i press hold the power button, other than that, i've never.seen it working.on other occassion, is that normal? not even when charging
on a finnish forum, there was a lot of discussion about this, and it seems that for some, the light is blinking while charching and for some it only lights up when the phone is powered on.

there was also someone who claimed to have managed to get it to work by editing the ini file that controls the led (same as in n900), but i cannot remember if anyone else replicated his results.

It would be amazing to get this working for alerts (sms/email/missed call). Was surprised this was missed off as a feature in the OS.

mine works when charging. for alerts you have icons on the lock screen anyway. although the light will be nice (i believe it's only 1 colour - white)

Originally Posted by eriks View Post
When opening an app which uses the compass sensor, I get the following messages on syslog:

Oct 24 10:30:59 (2011) sensord[648]: *WARNING* [../../core/nodebase.cpp:267:bool NodeBase::setIntervalRequest(int, unsigned int)]: Invalid interval requested for node 'compasschain' by session '24': 0
Oct 24 10:30:59 (2011) sensord[648]: *WARNING* [../../core/sensormanager.cpp:615:void SensorManager::sensorDataHandler(int)]: Failed to write data to socket.
Oct 24 10:30:59 (2011) sensord[648]: *WARNING* [../../core/sensormanager.cpp:615:void SensorManager::sensorDataHandler(int)]: Failed to write data to socket.

last messages repeated until I close the app.
email nokia care... in the meantime maybe reset your device (or wait for update, if it doesn't work after update reset device, if still not working then most likely hardware fault)

I know there was an option to change the favourite folders into recently received mails for the mail app, but I don't find the option anymore (settings, applications, mail?)

Anybody can help me?

Originally Posted by mooglez View Post
on a finnish forum, there was a lot of discussion about this, and it seems that for some, the light is blinking while charching and for some it only lights up when the phone is powered on.

there was also someone who claimed to have managed to get it to work by editing the ini file that controls the led (same as in n900), but i cannot remember if anyone else replicated his results.
Well it surely is handy to have light indicator while charging but I guess I can live without it. More concern about battery life now as it seriously drain easily when i am connected to the IMs. Battery life seemed much better after IM turned off while other services is still running like push mail.

Originally Posted by Hakki_01 View Post
I know there was an option to change the favourite folders into recently received mails for the mail app, but I don't find the option anymore (settings, applications, mail?)

Anybody can help me?
did you remove any mail accounts? i think you need more than 1 to be able to have favourites (i may be wrong)

as for LED indicator.. i found the file to configure it.. although i've got a rough idea how to, until someone comes with specific instructions i'm not going to (I do have write permissions to the file though)

Originally Posted by slarti View Post
Does anyone else's google talk availability status change to "offline" without any reason? Mine does, and when I try to change it to "online" it says "wrong password" twice and then connects on the third attempt. After a while it's "offline" again. Skype works as expected all the time, it's just google talk. What's going on?
do you use 2 step verification by any chance?
gmail loaded real slow with 2 step verification here (with application specific pass), but fine when it was turned off. just thought google might be having issues with it.

Last edited by randomdood; 2011-10-24 at 16:26.

The Following User Says Thank You to randomdood For This Useful Post: