Active Topics

Anybody expericence that the NOKIA N9 back cover which cover the usb charging seems too easily breakable. Mine is almost going to break. Is this problem for everyone or only for me. Does it comes under warranty repair.

Posts: 151 | Thanked: 178 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ SF Bay Area
I've had no problem with the cover for the usb - but, then again, my N900 usb charging connector never gave me any problem either.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by mooglez View Post
there was also someone who claimed to have managed to get it to work by editing the ini file that controls the led (same as in n900), but i cannot remember if anyone else replicated his results.
Pretty sure that was jakiman, on his blog
http://www.shootspeak.com

Originally Posted by smartamrit View Post
Anybody expericence that the NOKIA N9 back cover which cover the usb charging seems too easily breakable. Mine is almost going to break. Is this problem for everyone or only for me. Does it comes under warranty repair.
Some found that it doesn't sit flush...
So they carefully took it off, & then snapped back in place, & then it was better.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 27 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by eriks View Post
Is there anyone else having a N9 where the compass is not working? Neither the "Compass" app from ovi store nor GePeS show anything (besides a fixed azimuth of 357). Is this a software or hardware bug?
I have the same problem with my N9. It behaves similar way with all compass applications, the 'needle' directs to same direction all the time, no movement at all. When I turn the screen downwards, then the ring starts to rotate randomly. I've tested this both in- and outdoors. The text: 'Rotate the phone 2-3 times for more accurate results' does not dissappear and there is no degree -reading. Haven't checked the syslog though...

LED support is broken, as far as I know.

MohammadAG built a small daemon for controlling it, but it was quickly deprecated with subsequent software updates. I'm sure when a "stable" FW release that doesn't squash 3500 bugs is released, LED support can be hacked back on and be completely functional.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hawaii For This Useful Post:
Hey guys, just ordered mine online from MCO. I'm in NYC so it's easy for me to walk to the store if I need anything.

I'm excited to start some development using QT and was wondering what kinds of "entry level" applications you guys could help me brainstorm? I know simple things like NYC subway maps is a must have for me, and will probably be my first app. Otherwise, what do you all think?

I'm just getting my feet wet in higher level languages so be gentle

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Pretty sure that was jakiman, on his blog
http://www.shootspeak.com
pretty sure he just edited the file to change the power button actions, not the notification light.

The Following User Says Thank You to randomdood For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 179 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Gold Coast, Australia
Can someone tell me if aircrack is or will come to n9 or who do i speak to to see if it can get ported?

Posts: 135 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ San Fran
I am noticing some people having disabled wifi hotspot, can anyone share if this is a carrier issue?. the app will not even launch saying its not permited. Is there some way past this?

do u think it will be possible to port apps like viber or whatsapp to N9?
Is it possible to create apps that allows you to sync ur calendar with facebook?
tq in advance