Posts: 658 | Thanked: 777 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Norway
alternative answering calls when screenlock is on.

www.ideasproject.com/ideas/12265

please vote it up lads and ladies =)

My idea was to pick up and drag items (links to web pages, twitter, fb, etc) off the edge of the screen to open them in the background.

http://www.ideasproject.com/ideas/12628

I might be strange, but I find myself spending a lot of time swiping back to the notifications screen, trying to get rid of an app that has just popped up and interrupted my flow.

This idea would solve that problem, and make multitasking more useful. Please "Like" my idea if you agree

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to j d For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
For me the video player has currently the biggest drawbacks, those are not my ideas. But I would prefer a possibility to continue videoplayback while checking twitter, so please vote:

Those are not my ideas. But I can feel the pain. At Idea 3 I would personally prefer buttons like at Panucci with a fixed index to jump, but a gestue would be also a working solution.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by boudjere View Post
I really hope that in the end Harmattan and the n9 benefit from the ideas the people are posting there.. To me this all sounds like "let's launch another test balloon, give it to the geeks to play with and improve our other phones by using their ideas - like we did with the n900". And yes - I also bought the n9 . I just don't want to contribute to an interface for a Windows Phone..
Yeah I've no interest in contributing....
I suspect it's purely for augmentations they may or may not do to their flavor of WP.
The way I see it, that's MS's problem to solve/work-on...
I'll buy a Windows Phone soon, but I don't wish to help Nokia with this initiative.
As I fear they're being misleading as-to-what the gathered info. will be used on.

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-10-25 at 17:24.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Yeah I've no interest in contributing....
I suspect it's purely for augmentations they may or may not do to their flavor of WP.
The way I see it, that's MS's problem to solve/work-on...
I'll buy a Windows Phone soon, but I don't wish to help Nokia with this initiative.
As I fear they're being misleading as-to-what the gathered info. will be used on.
I think this is too cynical. Nokia, more than any other smartphone maker is actually trying to engage with their customers. And while they can’t, and shouldn’t, try and please everybody… I think this is something that should be encouraged.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to j d For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by Pulzar View Post
My idea is to add arrow keys to the virtual keyboard so that text editing would be less irritating. http://www.ideasproject.com/ideas/12122

Actually, I don't know if this is a problem for the english layout but atleast in the finnish layout arrow keys are missing.
this can be done hopefully in pr1.1 by adding them in the xml laylout file. tried it in pr1.0 but it not yet supported but checked in maliit git and it is supported in newer source revision. hopefully in pr1.1

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
this can be done hopefully in pr1.1 by adding them in the xml laylout file. tried it in pr1.0 but it not yet supported but checked in maliit git and it is supported in newer source revision. hopefully in pr1.1
Also PR 1.1 includes swype keyboard, which conveniently includes arrow keys. Another great thing about it is that it has copy paste keys, which helps in places where it is hard to do otherwise (for example in browser edit boxes)

The Following User Says Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 658 | Thanked: 777 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Norway
Question: is it at all possible to make the volume rocker button do this:

on Up: switch to next open app in multitasking.

on Down: switch to previous open app in multitasking.

At all?

Posts: 187 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Sunny Woollahra
"Nokia Bubbles" on N9 is my Idea - please vote for it.

Another one I made isT9 on N9

If no-one adds slai's ideas I will. And claim credit for them

Last edited by rfa; 2011-10-26 at 10:25. Reason: More IdeasProject links

The Following User Says Thank You to rfa For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by j d View Post
I think this is too cynical. Nokia, more than any other smartphone maker is actually trying to engage with their customers.
And while they can’t, and shouldn’t, try and please everybody… I think this is something that should be encouraged.
Maybe...
Time will tell if what they've gathered will go towards helping the N9 or direct descendants.
That's seems to be what they're suggesting with this program, so I hope they're being sincere.

Tags
nokia n9