A notion I want to make about battery life, what I found out over the last days:

3G data connection idle (connected, but not transferring) uses about 40mA -> battery would last 35h in idle.
2G data connection idle (connected, but not transferring) uses about 10mA -> would give about 6 days idle!
WiFi connection idle (connected, but not transferring) even less than 10mA when in good reception range -> also about 6-7 days idle.

"Allow background connections" disabled, no automatic feed/mail/etc updating in background (though twitter updates still work automatically, strange) -> normally no automatic connection established and if established manually by browsing, etc. after half a minute of inactiveness, the connection automatically closes itself again
--> this is about 5-10mA in idle, could give you up to 10days idle in theory... However, no automatic background updates is somewhat of a bummer to me in a smartphone :-P

So if you want to last your battery as long as possible, use (good reception) WiFi or 2G (GSM) whenever possible/bearable for you.

Not taking into account in the figures above is of course active usage... If you play around with the device all day, you drain it in one single day easily still...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to marrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 46 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Poland
does anybody know how to set new POP3 email account with a possibility to delete messages from server?
I do not see such option in config.

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Switzerland
Yes it does. I already did receive a few SIP calls on my N9. Haven't figured out, how to make calls to e.g. some.user@sip.example.com though. You can only dial digits...

Is there a program where you can edit office files? It's great that the N9 opens all office files, but it would be a whole lot nicer if you had the possibility to edit the documents

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Lappeenranta, Finland
My N9 just entered an infinite reboot loop. It starts up all the way to a spinning loading screen and then start the reboot loop again.

All this started an hour ago when i recieved a normal text message to my phone, but could not open it. My phone recieved it 3 times one after another in one minute intervals. After those i decided to reboot my device and thats when this happened.

I guess there is nothing for me to do since i can't even take out the battery but this sucks none the less.

I've tried pressing the power button 8 or more seconds and it does turn off the device, but once i try to start it up again the booting continues.

Actually just now while im writing this it gave me a screen that says:
Device is malfunctioning(no ****)
You may try re-flashing the software. If you are unable to do so, or the problem persists after flashing, please contact service.

Software problem (xsession/sysuid):
too many reboots

Ok... So how do i reflash ? any suggestions ?

edit: I don't actually have the time to try reflashing right now, but i will try it tomorrow.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by fingirl View Post
Is there a program where you can edit office files? It's great that the N9 opens all office files, but it would be a whole lot nicer if you had the possibility to edit the documents
That's really a question for the apps thread.
But this is the only one I've heard of so far.
http://everythingn9.com/calligra-active-on-n9/
Not sure if it's ready for the public yet...

Powerpoint-viewer does not show formulas correctly. Is there an official way to report N9 bugs?

Btw. something I noticed in the browser: URLs previously entered are not turning up as suggestions when I type a part of em. This is kind of annoying, especially without bookmarks.

Is it just me or is there a problem reaching iGoogle (the non mobile version)? No mattter what I do I am switched to the mobile site. I had a similar problem on the N900 but overcame it somehow (I don't remember now). I type in the identical string and it does not matter I wind up on the moble site.

@pulzar

i got my n9 from mobile city online and it seems to be a singapore branded device, starhub. so i would also like to know if and how to flash stock n9 software.tia

Originally Posted by Rugoz View Post
Powerpoint-viewer does not show formulas correctly. Is there an official way to report N9 bugs?

Btw. something I noticed in the browser: URLs previously entered are not turning up as suggestions when I type a part of em. This is kind of annoying, especially without bookmarks.
contact nokia care or you can report bugs developer.nokia.com

The Following User Says Thank You to randomdood For This Useful Post: