Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by warrentaye View Post
Has anyone been able to download navigation voices and install and use any? Specifically in the US
Yes it works fine.

Open the "drive" application
press the right button (three bars) for options
press "settings"
press "navigation voice"
there you get the option to download new.

There are many languages and for some there are male and female voices.

HIH

Posts: 151 | Thanked: 178 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ SF Bay Area
I ran my N9 for 9 days, 4 hours and some number of minutes (information courtesy of the Battery Usage app). From time to time there was some lag, particularly starting applications.

A lot of email (3 accounts), multiple calendar sync (with CalDAV), SMS, RSS and Facebook feeds to the notification screen, maps, web browsing, music (using FLAC as the encoding format), video (mostly downloaded using CuteTube), the above mentioned Battery Usage app running all the time, oh yeah - and some phone calls. WiFi, Bluetooth on always. Usually a half dozen apps running all the time (clock, calendar, battery usage among others).

Finally it seemed like it just got gummed up (how's that for a technical term?) so I shut it down and restarted (probably only the third restart in the time I've had it.) Smooth as glass again.

As yet I haven't turned Developer Mode on.

I'm not in the habit of rebooting my phone often - I used to let the N900 run for a l-o-n-g time. Anyone else seen anything like this?

The Following User Says Thank You to kjmackey For This Useful Post:
Does N9 have a comic book reader like Comix or Mieru ? If not , does any developper plan to develop one ?

just fyi. if anyone has noticed you can't scroll in some text fields in the browser <textarea> fields (like when editing a wordpress post). i have contact nokia care and they have forwarded the issue to the relevant department. hopefully we'll see this fixed in the second update (if it hasn't already been fixed)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to randomdood For This Useful Post:
Posts: 105 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by kjmackey View Post
I ran my N9 for 9 days, 4 hours and some number of minutes (information courtesy of the Battery Usage app). From time to time there was some lag, particularly starting applications.

A lot of email (3 accounts), multiple calendar sync (with CalDAV), SMS, RSS and Facebook feeds to the notification screen, maps, web browsing, music (using FLAC as the encoding format), video (mostly downloaded using CuteTube), the above mentioned Battery Usage app running all the time, oh yeah - and some phone calls. WiFi, Bluetooth on always. Usually a half dozen apps running all the time (clock, calendar, battery usage among others).

Finally it seemed like it just got gummed up (how's that for a technical term?) so I shut it down and restarted (probably only the third restart in the time I've had it.) Smooth as glass again.

As yet I haven't turned Developer Mode on.

I'm not in the habit of rebooting my phone often - I used to let the N900 run for a l-o-n-g time. Anyone else seen anything like this?
I have had similar experiences, seems that some program is leaking memory or something. I close all programs once per day, which seem to keep the phone responsive. I have also adopted a habit of closing most third party apps and web browser windows after I use them. First software version of N900 was quite the same, the rough edges were fixed in later updates.

is there an app or a way that allows the user to lock the phone?
i find pressing on the physical power button difficult when the soft cover is on.

thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to spectrax0x For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
anyone figure out how to import calendars? i dont see an option in the native app. mfe syncs google calendar but only the user owned calendar e.g. does not show or sync a public holidays calendar you can download into your google calendar.

Posts: 151 | Thanked: 178 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ SF Bay Area
Originally Posted by afaq View Post
anyone figure out how to import calendars?
I've used CalDAV to sync my Google calendars with my N9 - and I got all of them. I've only used MfE for Google contacts.

The Following User Says Thank You to kjmackey For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by kjmackey View Post
I've used CalDAV to sync my Google calendars with my N9 - and I got all of them. I've only used MfE for Google contacts.
How did you do this? I've put in my details, server is m.google.com and it imports only "My Calendar". The other interesting calendars e.g. "UK Holidays/Sports Calendar" are not shown.

Thanks

Originally Posted by soleil View Post
Does N9 have a comic book reader like Comix or Mieru ? If not , does any developper plan to develop one ?
I believe so. Can't remember where I saw it. I'd suggest going to meego.com and looking in the handset forum. IIRC, there was definitely something on Ovi though I can't remember if it was Symbian or Meego (was looking for stuff for my old 5800 before.)