Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by kjmackey View Post
Got to Accounts/Add accounts/CalDAV

Enter your Google email address
Password
https://www.google.com/calendar/dav/

Once you hit Sign In, you'll be presented with a list of your calendars.

Hope this helps.
Followed the steps exactly and i only see "My Calendar". Rest are all set to viewable (on the pc) but dont appear on the N9. Are there any settings in google calendar I need to change?

thanks

Posts: 151 | Thanked: 178 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ SF Bay Area
Originally Posted by afaq View Post
Followed the steps exactly and i only see "My Calendar". Rest are all set to viewable (on the pc) but dont appear on the N9. Are there any settings in google calendar I need to change?
thanks
Sorry, the additional calendars, under "Other Calendars" in Google don't show up on my phone (I just subscribed to US Holidays & Jewish Holidays - and they aren't in my CalDAV list).

Nor can I find any way in Google Calendar to make it show up.

The Following User Says Thank You to kjmackey For This Useful Post:
Posts: 126 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ San Francisco
ok, this might be a silly question, but where does the n9 store the wallpapers? trying to put the images in the correct folder so that they show up under the settings > wallpaper section.

Originally Posted by charbar View Post
ok, this might be a silly question, but where does the n9 store the wallpapers? trying to put the images in the correct folder so that they show up under the settings > wallpaper section.
Home directory --> a folder called .wallpapers

The Following User Says Thank You to solidpace For This Useful Post:
Posts: 126 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ San Francisco
darn those hidden . files!

thanks solidpace

This is the coolest, classiest and most well made phone i have ever had..it grows on you. This phone makes the iPhone feel like its made for kids. I returned my 4s and it was right choice no doubt. I would cry if I got that new basterdized version with windows and came upon this. I also really have to say that this meego rocks and nokia is crazy for abondoning it. Btw I have a 16gb in black with the nokia tune as my ringtone.

X-

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ifox For This Useful Post:
Posts: 30 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ifox View Post
This is the coolest, classiest and most well made phone i have ever had..it grows on you. This phone makes the iPhone feel like its made for kids. I returned my 4s and it was right choice no doubt. I would cry if I got that new basterdized version with windows and came upon this. I also really have to say that this meego rocks and nokia is crazy for abondoning it. Btw I have a 16gb in black with the nokia tune as my ringtone.

X-
It's nice to hear you say nice words of N9. I have also used many different mobile systems, no iPhone but iPad also s40, symbian, android, maemo and older communicators. I also find N9 to be best I have ever used. I have found few bugs and missing features, but I beleve most will be fixed in pr1.1 in next month and pr1.2 is on its way next spring with more new features.

I beleve there will be successor for N9, but Nokia can not call it meego. And because of new strategy of not saying anything about new products nokia is not revealing anything yet. N9 was the last phone they announced too early.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hihu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 194 | Thanked: 127 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Manchester, UK
Originally Posted by Hihu View Post
It's nice to hear you say nice words of N9. I have also used many different mobile systems, no iPhone but iPad also s40, symbian, android, maemo and older communicators. I also find N9 to be best I have ever used. I have found few bugs and missing features, but I beleve most will be fixed in pr1.1 in next month and pr1.2 is on its way next spring with more new features.

I beleve there will be successor for N9, but Nokia can not call it meego. And because of new strategy of not saying anything about new products nokia is not revealing anything yet. N9 was the last phone they announced too early.
Figers, eyes and toes crossed about a successor!

The Following User Says Thank You to jpfsn For This Useful Post:
classic nokia ringtone has been jazzed up. i also left it as my default but then again the rest are pretty lame.

Originally Posted by kjmackey View Post
Sorry, the additional calendars, under "Other Calendars" in Google don't show up on my phone (I just subscribed to US Holidays & Jewish Holidays - and they aren't in my CalDAV list).

Nor can I find any way in Google Calendar to make it show up.
ahh ok. thanks for clearing it up. disappointed to be honest as i cant see a manual way to import .ics calendar files either.