Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by ripla View Post
That worked perfectly. Thanks! What I did:
  1. Change browsers user agent to iPhone (e.g. with an addon, with developer mode in Safari)
  2. Go to https://m.google.com/sync?hl=en
  3. Login and select N9 from the device list
  4. Select the calendars you wish to sync
  5. Next sync on your phone should bring int the additional calendars
ripla, thank you for this. I have carried out the detailed steps (except im using the user agent add on in firefox), but I am unable to check the boxes next to the calendars i wish to sync. The boxes are not greyed out but I cannot click into them.

update: tried it with safari and same behaviour.

Any clues?

Last edited by afaq; 2011-10-30 at 16:31.

Any ideas what this might be?
Attached Files
File Type: txt activesync.txt (14.7 KB, 167 views)

Posts: 65 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ New Zealand
Originally Posted by Sergey_Kashin View Post
Thanks for the logs, will check this issue tomorrow (I hope).

P.S. You've got this error:
[1284] Oct 28 21:55:02 [Debug] SMTP : SEND: MAIL FROM: <mail@mail.mail>
[1284] Oct 28 21:55:02 [Debug] SMTP : RECV: "250 OK"
[1284] Oct 28 21:55:02 [Debug] SMTP : SEND: RCPT TO: <mail@mail.mail>
[1284] Oct 28 21:55:03 [Debug] SMTP : RECV: "550 SMTP AUTH required for Submission Port"
[1284] Oct 28 21:55:03 [Debug] SMTP : Closed connection: "550 SMTP AUTH required for Submission Port
"
just to let you know that I tried setting up a separate account belonging to someone else (Different ISP) same result.

Originally Posted by sjordet View Post
Wouldn't it make sense if it created the "Sent"-folder if it did not exist? Or am I seeing this bug?
I don't think that this is a good idea to handle this issue by this way.
Well, it might be that I don't understand something (quite likely). But how is the user supposed to know that he has to have a folder called "Sent" if he does not want to lose the emails he send?

Posts: 184 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Nizhny Novgorod
Well, it might be that I don't understand something (quite likely). But how is the user supposed to know that he has to have a folder called "Sent" if he does not want to lose the emails he send?
He/She simple should be able to choose a folder where sent emails should be stored (I know, we don't have this option )

Don't know how to sync your Hotmail account as an Exchange account with your Nokia N9? Use MeMailSettings! For help you can check out MeMailSetting's support page.

Hi!

Well, if it's not too much work, I'd be happy to know how to do it. I will not say that I'm very experienced with SQlite, but I have used it before, and "normal" SQL I deal with daily.

But this also means that the only thing missing to let users change sent-folder is the UI-part? I guess servernames and everything is already written to the DB, so it's just one more field... Interesting

Thank you for your awesome work, all of you!
Thanks appreciated.

Yes only the UI part is missing to let users change the sent-folder.

Okay I'll give you a general outline how to do it. I haven't verified this works myself.

Quoting Sergey:

!!!!THIS IS NOT SOMETHING RECOMMENDED TO DO. DO IT IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING. DO IT ON YOUR OWN RISK - All the accounts can be corrupted!!!!!!!

You will need a development machine with sqlite3 executable version 3.7.0 or newer. (Possibly sqlite3 could be installed on the n9 directly but i haven't tried myself)

Developer mode will need to be enabled
  • backup device
  • disable all email accounts
    use accounts app, go through each account one by one toggling switch in top right of screen
    so that mail database isn't modified while you're working
  • copy all the files in the /home/user/.qmf/database directory to your home machine
    e.g. using terminal app, and scp or some file manager
  • back the database files up
  • open the .qmf/database/qmailstore.db file using sqlite3 executable
    e.g. 'sqlite3 qmailstore.db'
  • find the number value for the sent folder flag
    e.g. 'select statusbit from mailstatusflags where name = "Sent" and context = "folderstatus";'
    this should return a number like 7, let's call this n
  • In the mailfolders table turn the n'th bit off of the status column for all rows (it should only be enabled for sent mail folders)
    In the mailfolders table turn the n'th bit on of the status column for the row(s) corresponding to your sent mail folder(s), one per account only.
    e.g. this is the tricky bit to write in sql.
    'select * mailfolders'; '.schema mailfolders'; might get you started
  • copy the .qmf/database files back to the device
  • renable all email accounts

Good luck.

The Following User Says Thank You to sanders For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by markn View Post
just to let you know that I tried setting up a separate account belonging to someone else (Different ISP) same result.
Looks like secure authentication needs to be enabled for the outgoing mail server for the account using the accounts application. Try plain password first.

The Following User Says Thank You to sanders For This Useful Post:
Posts: 65 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ New Zealand
Originally Posted by sanders View Post
Looks like secure authentication needs to be enabled for the outgoing mail server for the account using the accounts application. Try plain password first.
tried about 20 different methods. none work. ssl on and off plain password, etc. port numbers 587, 465, 25. nothing works. other people seem to have this issue as well. possibly a handshake issue?

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
N950/PR1.1 bug:

I'm also noticing that the email scheduling is not being respected. For example, Google account, Gmail schedule set as follows: Always up-to-date, 08:00 to 01:00, Monday-Sunday, Off peak set to Off yet I'm still receiving email at 03:00 which shouldn't be happening, but it does, and it's not easily reproducible either (just sent myself an email, not delivered so it's not all mail, just some).

This scheduling bug didn't happen with Beta1 or Beta2, although that was when I was using the "Other Mail" account for Google Mail, only since PR1.1 have I been using the new Google account for GMail.
Hmm, never saw that bug, will ask our testers about this bug. Thanks.
Something is definitely off with the Google GMail Sync schedule in PR1.1. I've just received more emails at 3am* despite the schedule being off peak (ie. off) between 1am and 8am.

Like I say, it's hard to reproduce on demand but I never had this behaviour in Beta1 or Beta2 while using the "Other Mail" account for Google Mail/IMAP, where "Off" in off peak meant just that, with no emails delivered to the device until 8am when they all came flooding in. The emails I just received were of normal importance, so it's not even as if high priority emails are breaking the embargo...

* I have a server on my home network that sends me overnight logs just after 3am - nothing unusual about these emails, from me to me.

Originally Posted by ukki View Post
I can't get MfE to work at all. Log just says "Connection closed". I get the same message from the browser when I try to access OWA, so I'm guessing it has something to do with the SSL-certificate? All other browsers accept the certificate though so it's valid and both MfE and OWA work with n900 just fine.
I have the same problem...

Tags
attachments, email, issues, mail exchange, nokia n9, nokia n950