Poll: Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?
Poll Options
Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?

Originally Posted by blackjack4it View Post
I'm trying to learn how to compile Nitdroid to help the development of the project, I hope that It won't be so complicated
I appreciate you! But, it's so hard for me! It's lot of debugging and patching to develop NITDroid, not just compiling. As we know, our device was designated to use Maemo 5 not Android, so we should patch all N900 drivers to work in Android, then compile it into a kernel.

To e-yes, our hero... Please, please, please don't leave us before you have ported Android to N900 completely...

Originally Posted by hadjistyllis View Post
Hi
Im having a big problem.
I successfully install nitdroid N12 and kernel 07 rc6.
When boot to nitdroid goes until write ANDROID (not the loading ANdroid) and now the screen show a lot of letters an so on-seems kernel panic. I have to take out the battery. Now maemo not boot and I have to flash kernel again to boot.
When I was using kernel 06 final there was no problem. How I solve that?
Image of what i see
http://www.mediafire.com/i/?pezdwmh60hgw833
Try to purge "nitdroid-kernel-2.6.28-06" and "nitdroid-kernel-2.6.28-07" using apt-get from XTerminal with NITDroid partition mounted on "/and/" (ignore any warnings and errors), then install "nitdroid-kernel-2.6.28-07_6-rc6_armel.deb" again with dpkg from XTerminal.

If it can't help, clean install your NITDroid maybe can help you. But, I'm not sure...

I try install nitdroid with kernel 07 after make a full reflash of my phone(rootfs and emmc) and a new nitdroid install, so purge not needed. I cannot understand why that happens.
I install kernel 06 final to check if it works and works. Well its not the final version of 07 but until now none of the rc works on my n900.
Anyone has the same problem?

I try install nitdroid with kernel 07 after make a full reflash of my phone(rootfs and emmc) and a new nitdroid install, so purge not needed. I cannot understand why that happens.
I install kernel 06 final to check if it works and works. Well its not the final version of 07 but until now none of the rc works on my n900.
Anyone has the same problem?
i'm having the same problem.. all the 11 times i installed nitdroid... so i finally dumped the plan... i 'm happy with my maemo cssu.. until this problem solves and i get any comfirmations... full reflashing is a big pain....

no need full reflash. just kernel reflash. thats why i test the newest kernel. Btw kernel 06 works ok. Maybe there is something wrong with bme and bq2700, thats why it crashes.

no need full reflash. just kernel reflash. thats why i test the newest kernel. Btw kernel 06 works ok. Maybe there is something wrong with bme and bq2700, thats why it crashes.
i did only kernel reflash, but sometime i do it outside of home without pc support... you know how hard it is (waiting to get back home)...

edit: can you give me a link of ~06 final kernel.. thanks

Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
Originally Posted by ammyt View Post
Why to release the GUI installer, then run over the script and update it two days later for the new thing? Instead, the installer and the new thing can be released together
hi ammyt,
sorry for asking this dreaded question... how are things going? can you share some update? some hints would be highly appreciated so we could somewhat level our expectations. your teasers are working and the wait is killing me...
i have also been dropping by the nitdroid channel in IRC... don't know if i have been logging in at the wrong time but there have been no activity in the place and the "PLEASE DONT ASK THE CURRENT STATUS" message keeps me from posting anything...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vetsin For This Useful Post:
INSTALLATION VIDEO ASSUMING YOU ALREADY HAVE THE NITDROID
ARCHIVE AND KERNEL IN /home/user/MyDocs:

Can any1 help me in doing this ??? how do i put these files in MyDocs?? I mean the Nitroid archive and kernel and i have the partions made by the Emmc8gb image..but i dont get it to put these to mydocs?

Last edited by abyn900; 2011-11-01 at 09:21.

iv already installed gingerbread ... but i cant send texts or sms's can some1 please help me !!! please .. thanx

I think for time being for users like us we should settle down with Cssu community os or the maemo one from nokia...Untill any stable android is released cox its quite a big task to use this android and all those programings..so for now its Maemo!!
But any ways to all those programmers and the creators and too all this community members who are contributing a lot and lot ...HATS OFF TO ALL U AMIGOS !!!! Thax a lot !!!

The Following User Says Thank You to abyn900 For This Useful Post:

Tags
community win, mor*nicindians, nitdroid