Posts: 751 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ East Gowanus
I don't understand the whole good bye community posts. I have had an iPhone 4 now for about a year and I still check this forum every two or three days to see whats happening. I keep my N900 charged up and use it when I travel to another country. I also now have an iPad2, a hacked Nook Color and I'm sure I'll be getting an N9 whenever the price drops to a consistent $500 or so. I could no longer use the N900 as my primary phone because of Exchange issues and calling issues.

Maemo is so interesting because there never has been and never will be another N900, it is so unique that a major company ever released such a product and even worked with it for so long. It was kind of wacky and out there that it happened if you really think about the dynamics of the modern mobile and tech companies.

I guess I am lucky that I don't have to sell my gadgets to fund purchasing newer stuff. I still have my N810 in working order as dedicated bedside internet radio, weather station and alarm clock. My N800 and 5800 are I admit collecting dust in a box, but I was going to donate those to my little cousin in Southern Africa whenever I go back next.