Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I thought about that too. Been there, done that... Drive will not start for me.
Amigo.....how is your experience so far after 2 weeks? I am still on the fence

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by BigBadGuber! View Post
Amigo.....how is your experience so far after 2 weeks? I am still on the fence
More hit than miss. If you have specific questions, I'll gladly answer any/all of them.

If it's around Exchange, we're running Exchange 2007 SP3 and so far, no probs in receiving and synchronization; it's just "slow" sometimes - but that keeps the managers that schedule surprise meetings on their toes and they have to tell me way in advance if I'm included now as opposed to it not coming up.

In fact, the N9 sync's up faster than iCal/Mail.app on my OS X Lion machine. But that's not an incredible feat. So let's see...

It comes with a silicone case, it fits nicely and actually goes around each of the buttons and covers the SIM card area. Trust me, sounds minor but it's actually pretty damn neat because those are the only places that bother me.

As far as the rest, it's a phone. I've had good success with battery life, zero success with Nokia Drive, a ton of success with Map though - the complaints about it taking like 15-20 seconds to start do not affect me, it's as quick as Google Maps on my last Android phone and as fast as Bing Maps on my WP7 device.

The vkb, people are loving it here. I'm not exactly a fan. It's multi-touch (yay) but otherwise I think WP7 has a better vkb - I can press and hold on punctuation and get them all. On Android I got used to SwiftKey - which predicted my next word damn near flawlessly. But... it's usable by even a ham fisted guy like myself.

I haven't dropped it, but it's been in a pocket full of keys no scratches. I don't have any discoloration on the screen, it's seriously one of the better screens I've had. Browser is actually not bad at all! It renders Adobe.com horribly dude... I mean, like total messed up, at least for me.

Am I missing apps? Yep. Google Analytics requires Flash or an app - neither. I'm building an app that pulls in that data as we speak actually. Google Voice - I use that for free txt messages. Not on the N9. Youtube is in mobile mode, can't say that I like it... needs to be skinned and the new Youtube look makes it look real, real cheap. But that's on Google.

No MSN, no AIM, but I've been moving everybody over to GTalk/Skype... so that's fine so far. It's integrated nicely.

But if you have questions dude, ask them.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
hi

im sure this question has been answered a million times before, im just not getting the info i need..(im a virgin to this meego on N9).

my problem is any other .deb application i can install no issues, its the games im having a big problem keep getting error message installation package not found.

i got all 3 file managers still no luck, please may someone help me

thanking u in advance and sorry if this post is in the wrong section its my first forum ever

More hit than miss. If you have specific questions, I'll gladly answer any/all of them.

If it's around Exchange, we're running Exchange 2007 SP3 and so far, no probs in receiving and synchronization; it's just "slow" sometimes - but that keeps the managers that schedule surprise meetings on their toes and they have to tell me way in advance if I'm included now as opposed to it not coming up.

In fact, the N9 sync's up faster than iCal/Mail.app on my OS X Lion machine. But that's not an incredible feat. So let's see...

It comes with a silicone case, it fits nicely and actually goes around each of the buttons and covers the SIM card area. Trust me, sounds minor but it's actually pretty damn neat because those are the only places that bother me.

As far as the rest, it's a phone. I've had good success with battery life, zero success with Nokia Drive, a ton of success with Map though - the complaints about it taking like 15-20 seconds to start do not affect me, it's as quick as Google Maps on my last Android phone and as fast as Bing Maps on my WP7 device.

The vkb, people are loving it here. I'm not exactly a fan. It's multi-touch (yay) but otherwise I think WP7 has a better vkb - I can press and hold on punctuation and get them all. On Android I got used to SwiftKey - which predicted my next word damn near flawlessly. But... it's usable by even a ham fisted guy like myself.

I haven't dropped it, but it's been in a pocket full of keys no scratches. I don't have any discoloration on the screen, it's seriously one of the better screens I've had. Browser is actually not bad at all! It renders Adobe.com horribly dude... I mean, like total messed up, at least for me.

Am I missing apps? Yep. Google Analytics requires Flash or an app - neither. I'm building an app that pulls in that data as we speak actually. Google Voice - I use that for free txt messages. Not on the N9. Youtube is in mobile mode, can't say that I like it... needs to be skinned and the new Youtube look makes it look real, real cheap. But that's on Google.

No MSN, no AIM, but I've been moving everybody over to GTalk/Skype... so that's fine so far. It's integrated nicely.

For YouTube, use cuteTube. Nice QML interface, integrates well into Harmattan and by buying it, you support community devs (marxian, that is). I think my 2 Euros for it are spent well.

The Following User Says Thank You to marrat For This Useful Post:
Stupid question, but where can I find the pictures i took with the cam? When I open filemanager, i don't find them under mydocs, pictures.. So where are they stored?

you can have access by hitting the gallery icon.

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by Hakki_01 View Post
Stupid question, but where can I find the pictures i took with the cam? When I open filemanager, i don't find them under mydocs, pictures.. So where are they stored?
Mydocs/DCIM.

Last edited by billranton; 2011-11-04 at 10:44.

The Following User Says Thank You to billranton For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Paul Ortyl View Post
Developer mode is NOT necessary for having terminal access!

Just enable "Allow installations from non-Store sources" and get meego-terminal package from http://harmattan-dev.nokia.com/pool/...eego-terminal/
The same works for ssh client

Warning: if you install ssh-server then by all means CHANGE PASSWORD from the default one. In case you do not understand what you are doing, do not install ssh-server, and make sure, that after reboot no "sshd" process is running (ps a | grep sshd) ('netstat -lt' must not list anything on ssh port).

At least this is what I have done, no "developer mode" but happy terminal user... If only there was Copy&Paste functionality for this terminal...

Paul
You say "same works for ssh client" ,do someone know where can I get it ? After clicking on the terminal dowloaded file, it made my N9 reboot , is that normal ?
Thanks

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Riga, Latvia
The vkb, people are loving it here. I'm not exactly a fan. It's multi-touch (yay) but otherwise I think WP7 has a better vkb - I can press and hold on punctuation and get them all.
Count me with the fans, it's awesome. And you can customize it to your liking, see http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=79492 and mesinput.com. As for the long-press for all punctuation, I think I saw one on MesInput that had it on space.

Last edited by sunc; 2011-11-04 at 15:41. Reason: correct typo

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sunc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9

I use google analytics without an app or flash...
MSN and AIM support will come soon...
Google Voice, there is qgvdail in the ovi store
For youtube, use cutetube

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4