Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
exactly the same here.
I will let you know if the one that I get exchanged has the same issue or not. At that point, I think we will have to see what kind of fix PR 1.1 brings. Otherwise, it may be safe to assume that this is a hardware screen issue and there really isn't much we could do about it.

I will keep you posted.

The Following User Says Thank You to blackbox For This Useful Post:
N9 64 GB made in China sourced from Negri Electronics arrived today and I can confirm that the pink line on the left and green line on the right is perfectly visible which runs from the top to the bottom in web browser.

Originally Posted by somedude View Post
N9 64 GB made in China sourced from Negri Electronics arrived today and I can confirm that the pink line on the left and green line on the right is perfectly visible which runs from the top to the bottom in web browser.
yes that is true on all n9's as far as I know. This is characteristic of the Pentile Amoled display. Are you seeing the purple tint though?

Originally Posted by blackbox View Post
yes that is true on all n9's as far as I know. This is characteristic of the Pentile Amoled display. Are you seeing the purple tint though?
dont really know what kind of tint i am looking for,,

Originally Posted by somedude View Post
dont really know what kind of tint i am looking for,,
On the upper left hand corner of the display, are you noticing a pinkish/purplish bleeding on your screen? This is most visible in dark environments.

Also, if you scroll back a couple of posts, I had posted a photo.

Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by weird0 View Post
Here's a ms paint illustration
http://bayimg.com/FaKLLaadj

A: Oh, crap, now I looked at you photo. No, that should not be happening to my knowledge. I'll take a look tomorrow on your example case on both displays we are shipping with (we had plenty of versions of the displays during the making on N9, some times to the better, some times to the worse)

So it looks like someone is at least looking into it.
Maybe it is worth to mention to Konttori (hope I spell the name correctly) that the illustration by Weird0 represents the situation in Lanscape mode , at least for me.
He might be used to zooming in on portret mode text and not notice the ugly phenomenon.

Is there -anyone- who doesn't have those ugly lines and really visible color distortions of red and green in low light conditions?

Please say so!

Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by Provosti View Post
Is there -anyone- who doesn't have those ugly lines and really visible color distortions of red and green in low light conditions?

Please say so!
Are you an optometrist or optician looikng to identify potential customers?

The Following User Says Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
Maybe it is worth to mention to Konttori (hope I spell the name correctly) that the illustration by Weird0 represents the situation in Lanscape mode , at least for me.
He might be used to zooming in on portret mode text and not notice the ugly phenomenon.
It's not weird0's illustration, it was DeeGee's (pg3 of this thread):
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...32#post1112032
Weird0 noticed konttori's response to DeeGee's Qn, & re-posted it in this thread.
But konttori had already posted in this thread by then...
I think konttori's smart enough to see that the illustration represents a landscape scenario.

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-11-05 at 04:12.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by ZerionSeven View Post
I put up a page here to show the problem at the repair shop. If you put your device into landscape and zoom so the chessboard pattern fills the bottom of the screen and the top is white, the lines are very noticeable.

Since I first noticed the lines, I've now started noticing them everywhere, where there's something dark next to something light. Even just opening the vkbd in apps with white background in landscape view I see the lines fill the area above the vkbd.
I should check the Dell Venue Pro AMOLED. But I can totally see it on my N9.