Active Topics

Hi Reflektorfalke,

Originally Posted by Reflektorfalke View Post
I never synced my contacts via MfE, but transferred all of them via BT from MS Outlook. So, the mentioned filtering of MfE contacts does not apply here.
For testing I also created a new contact on my N9, but this one does also not appear in my carkit.

Any ideas how I can resolve/debug this?
Maybe you can point the team working on this to the threads/wiki linked above as they describe how the issue was solved on N900!?
Would you be able to provide debug logs for bluetoothd and obexd after
killall -USR2 bluetoothd
killall -USR2 obexd
? Than we could start looking in more details. Otherwise it is a bit difficult to guess what is going wrong there.

The Following User Says Thank You to dpaliy For This Useful Post:
I'm getting the same bug with the gtalk authentication: it'll only connect and go online on the third try. otherwise it just says “incorrect password”

Any ideas?

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Apologies if this has already been covered in this thread:

PR1.1/N950: Adding a Google Talk service to a contact in the Contacts app, how do you remove this service once it has been added? Editing the contact shows a blank Google Talk field even though it has one (sometimes multiple) Google Talk services assigned to it, and if you add the wrong Google Talk details to a contact (ie. wrong email address) you end up with a "Failed" Google Talk service assigned to the contact that can never be removed. In addition to that, once you have added the service it then shows the associated user name and not the actual email address you entered, so if you want to view the email address for any reason, you can't. It's as if only a third of the UI has been implemented, with EDIT and DELETE missing or not yet implemented.

The inability to modify or remove Google Talk services from contacts makes the entire process rather fraught, as you have only once chance to get it right - get it wrong and you make a mess of your contacts as you need to try again until you get it right, and that's assuming the Contact app doesn't want to randomly merge your contact with another contact upon saving, and if you decline to merge it throws away all of your edits, which is just crazy bad UI design. It's not as if you get the option "Merge and chuck away all my carefully crafted edits", the only options are "Yes" and "No" to the question "Do you want to merge with contact X", with the obvious course of action being to continue editing if you choose "No". Instead, you go back to the list of contacts. /rant over.

Hopefully this is only a problem on the PR1.1/N950 release as I can't believe this will be allowed to to go live on N9s when that version of PR1.1 is released. Someone please tell me PR1.1 on the N950 is actually a Beta of what will be released on the N9.

Last edited by Milhouse; 2011-11-01 at 04:12.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by legoman666 View Post
I'm getting the same bug with the gtalk authentication: it'll only connect and go online on the third try. otherwise it just says “incorrect password”

Any ideas?
I re-flashed my N950 with PR1.1, then added Twitter (which I couldn't add at all after the OTA update, hence the reason to reflash), Google and Facebook accounts from scratch (no backup restored - totally stock).

After reflashing, my Google authentication is fine, so my Availability is online 100% of the time, but Facebook availability repeatedly falls offline for no apparent reason, complaining of an "Incorrect password". Manually putting Facebook back online works only at the second attempt (maybe sometimes a third attempt, but normally the second, and never the first). It's extremely annoying, particularly as you don't realise you're no longer online for Facebook once you have a second account also with presence, and I'm assuming it's one and the same bug we are both experiencing.

Also for some users when adding accounts, they can only add an account at the second or third attempt. Seems to me like there's something fundamentally borked in a shared authentication library that means authentication only ever works at the second or third attempt. And totally screws up automated processes, such as Availability.

Konttori references this issue in his blog post:

Originally Posted by konttori
Originally Posted by sasler
Another annoying thing/bug I've noticed is with the Facebook account. It seems to forget password for it and ask it very often. Sometimes several times during the day. This happens both on my N950 and N9. Has anyone else noticed this too?
Facebook issue is very annoying indeed. I think it was solved on last days of 1.1, but I could be mistaken. We did talk a lot about it then.
I sincerely hope it has been solved in PR1.1 for the N9 - it's been knocking around for months now, and reported many times. Sadly, it's definitely NOT fixed in PR1.1 for the N950, which I hope is just a Beta and more fixes will go into it before being rolled out to N9 users.

Last edited by Milhouse; 2011-11-01 at 04:05.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Milhouse For This Useful Post:
Posts: 65 | Thanked: 167 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by legoman666 View Post

Any ideas?
I couldn't get more information about this bug, since it appears to be in the signon framework... Hopefully the next update will fix things (cf. kontorri's message quoted by Milhouse)

Posts: 65 | Thanked: 167 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
Apologies if this has already been covered in this thread:

PR1.1/N950: Adding a Google Talk service to a contact in the Contacts app, how do you remove this service once it has been added? Editing the contact shows a blank Google Talk field even though it has one (sometimes multiple) Google Talk services assigned to it, and if you add the wrong Google Talk details to a contact (ie. wrong email address) you end up with a "Failed" Google Talk service assigned to the contact that can never be removed. In addition to that, once you have added the service it then shows the associated user name and not the actual email address you entered, so if you want to view the email address for any reason, you can't. It's as if only a third of the UI has been implemented, with EDIT and DELETE missing or not yet implemented.
No, you have to go to the unmerge view and unmerge that online account, before deleting it

Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
The inability to modify or remove Google Talk services from contacts makes the entire process rather fraught, as you have only once chance to get it right - get it wrong and you make a mess of your contacts as you need to try again until you get it right, and that's assuming the Contact app doesn't want to randomly merge your contact with another contact upon saving, and if you decline to merge it throws away all of your edits, which is just crazy bad UI design. It's not as if you get the option "Merge and chuck away all my carefully crafted edits", the only options are "Yes" and "No" to the question "Do you want to merge with contact X", with the obvious course of action being to continue editing if you choose "No". Instead, you go back to the list of contacts. /rant over.

Hopefully this is only a problem on the PR1.1/N950 release as I can't believe this will be allowed to to go live on N9s when that version of PR1.1 is released. Someone please tell me PR1.1 on the N950 is actually a Beta of what will be released on the N9.
I have no idea about what gets released to the N950, apparently according to konttori you get beta releases.

Note that the automerging mechanism is not random, it'll only pick contacts with the same display label, and either the same phone number or email.

Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by sjordet View Post
I can accept (and even agree) that this is the correct behaviour for the "recent calls"-filter. But on the "Received calls" I don't understand how it can be right to leave out many calls? Hmm. Sometimes I need to know who I have talked to at a certain time, not what was the last time I talked to him/her.
It does work that way in "Received calls" (and any other filter but "Recent calls"), at least it does on my N950 with PR1.1. I just checked and I have two calls received from the same person today, and both calls have their own row in there. It's my recollection that's how it worked in the previous firmware also.

Maybe you were looking at "Recent calls" and assumed it's the same everywhere, try checking again . Anyway, this seems to work as you expected at least in PR1.1.

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
It does work that way in "Received calls" (and any other filter but "Recent calls"), at least it does on my N950 with PR1.1. I just checked and I have two calls received from the same person today, and both calls have their own row in there. It's my recollection that's how it worked in the previous firmware also.

Maybe you were looking at "Recent calls" and assumed it's the same everywhere, try checking again . Anyway, this seems to work as you expected at least in PR1.1.
it works like that on the sales version of N9 also.

Hi,
All of my contacts telephone numbers - eg mail for exchange info have disappeared. I tried resyncing, but the humbers arent going in. I tried removing my facebook and gmail contacts to make sure it wasnt giving those accounts precedence. But to no avail.
Can anyone help?
Thanks v much!

Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post

I have noticed that difference, which I wrote in my initial post - but if someone calls me twice in a row, with no other call between, just the last one is saved. Even in "received calls"...

Last edited by sjordet; 2011-11-07 at 12:36.