Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
does that image work with uboot?
Should do - the image file contains a full partitioned SD image (the same as the Meego one), so it should be just a matter of writing it to an SD card.

i did that, and i created a combined uboot image from palis repos for the 49v power kernel but i cant get it to boot, but if i manually load the kernel through the flasher it works fine

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sweden
Join the channels #mer and #nemomobile @freenode on IRC to follow the development. A lot of stuff going on there

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Barcelona
Is it usable?
Can it make phone calls?
Email client?

Use search?

http://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Nemo
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 302 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ England
"Nemo 11-03.1"

May I ask what's going on with the version numbers? I struggled before realising it wasn't even close to dd/mm/yy. I'm far too tired.

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by Captwheeto View Post
"Nemo 11-03.1"

May I ask what's going on with the version numbers? I struggled before realising it wasn't even close to dd/mm/yy. I'm far too tired.
That looks to be the shortened format, and is MM-DD.sequence from the looks of it (if you look at the releases, the directory is 0.20111020.1.CE.2011-11-03.1).

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
That looks to be the shortened format, and is MM-DD.sequence from the looks of it (if you look at the releases, the directory is 0.20111020.1.CE.2011-11-03.1).
First one is Mer core release number, second is the release number of Nemo
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Posts: 168 | Thanked: 58 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Madrid
How is Nemo compared to meego 1.3? It is an usable OS? (at least, more usable than meego 1.3: few apps, speed...)
It is a suitable option for install in the emmc and destroy Maemo installation?

Is Nemo/Mer going to build a separate infrastructure eventually? Or it'll use Meego / Maemo forums, lists and so on? Right now I spend time reading updates here and on Meego forum, which is not really comfortable.