Poll: Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?
Poll Options
Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?

how to install this http://downloads.nitdroid.com/e-yes/..._2.3.7.tar.bz2 using you n900 go to maemo webpage community search nitdroid find this page then click on the above ling ok it will ask you to save to device yes but be for you do that make sure you are saving it to the right place it should say location nokia n900 if you have that just click save if it look like its going to shave to documents just click on the arrow top then where it say NOKIA N900
nokia n900 tap that then save ok
now you should of download to the right place so just run this
x terminal root
cd /home/user/MyDocs
bzip2 -d N12_update_2.3.7.tar.bz2
cd /home
mkdir /and
cd /
mount /home /and
cd /and
tar xvf /home/user/MyDocs/N12-update_2.3.7.tar
then reboot or you don't have to uninstall nitdroid to get this it just a update hope it works for you did me

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australian in the Philippines
The links in fraad's posts above don't work. Here is the 2.3.7 update

Last edited by dchky; 2011-11-12 at 12:43.

Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
WARNING!!
The new 2.3.7 won't recognize the internal memory as sdcard, i.e. NITDroid won't recognize any sdcard!

This is the reason me not announcing it, however I am fixing it, and will upload a full rootfs archive tonight "hopefully" with the new GUI installer.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ammyt For This Useful Post:
hi dchy did you get video chat on skype ?

Posts: 770 | Thanked: 558 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Abidjan
Originally Posted by ammyt View Post
WARNING!!
The new 2.3.7 won't recognize the internal memory as sdcard, i.e. NITDroid won't recognize any sdcard!

This is the reason me not announcing it, however I am fixing it, and will upload a full rootfs archive tonight "hopefully" with the new GUI installer.
Hahahaha! ! It seems that I will soon flash my Jewel!!

Banned | Posts: 778 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Jun 2010
changelog?

Posts: 1,238 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
is audio problem in calls fixed ? thats the main issue. thanks for the update.

Wait, so the camera works in the new version?

Just a very VERY quick question (ok not that quick )

I installed a game called "Spectral Souls" and it doesn't let me run it because "Hardware is not supported at this time" (and oviously will never get suported on N900 hahaJ
so my question is:

Is there a way to make this game think it's a supported device? Letting it think the N900 is a Droid X so it runs for example? (Like a android equivalent to hiding user agent?)

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 189 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by lonk View Post
Just a very VERY quick question (ok not that quick )

I installed a game called "Spectral Souls" and it doesn't let me run it because "Hardware is not supported at this time" (and oviously will never get suported on N900 hahaJ
so my question is:

Is there a way to make this game think it's a supported device? Letting it think the N900 is a Droid X so it runs for example? (Like a android equivalent to hiding user agent?)
The link I posted earlier to make the n900 recognize more things in the market has something like that by changing some lines in the build.prop file inside [android]/system/.

I believe you may try that, clear data into the game, (backup) and change those lines and try again. Might work.

Step 8 more precisely.

Last edited by Temporal; 2011-11-12 at 15:17.

The Following User Says Thank You to Temporal For This Useful Post:

Tags
community win, mor*nicindians, nitdroid