Active Topics

Posts: 676 | Thanked: 1,067 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Kyiv, Ukraine
Revision 15: No known serious bugs, works with swap, Core/Lubuntu confirmed as fast and RAM-efficient (100M still free after startup with PCManFM).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to int_ua For This Useful Post:
Hi! For those eager to test out the precise you could still grab the omap3 version(november 12 release) here

http://194.47.250.18/pub/ubuntu-cdim...lled/20111112/

The Following User Says Thank You to Radicalz38 For This Useful Post:
The thing is I can't chroot to the system from Maemo with 'Exec format error'.
And I don't remember nor understand yet why we need to copy qemu-arm-static binary.

Ok, OMAP3 was not dropped:
(21:11:23) ogra_: no, it wasnt
(21:32:46) GrueMaster: int_ua: omap3 will not be dropped.
(21:34:22) infinity: int_ua: So it is. We need to hunt that down, thanks.
UPDATE:
(21:52:05) infinity: Okay, annonaceaeaaeaaeee fixed. Dailies should look more normal tomorrow.

Last edited by int_ua; 2011-11-14 at 20:03.

Originally Posted by Aravinda View Post
- what do people use here, by the way? I use uboot-pr13, but would prefer multiboot, If it was possible; since the last can load 'power-kernel' for maemo -

changing the parameter for maemo's rootfs directory;
In general, as I have understood, the maemo's utility is called with chroot to run bme to manage the battery:

chroot /mnt/initfs /usr/sbin/bme_RX-51 -b
Thanks a lot for the Mer

There is a u-boot-for-power-kernel but I didn't try it yet.
BTW, I was thinking about trying to run KP on Ubuntu. What can prevent this?

I can't mount OneNAND 256Mb root with 2.6.35, it says it doesn't know about ubifs type. Maybe we can just copy all BME components in binary? Will it be against some license?

Last edited by int_ua; 2011-11-14 at 20:01.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to int_ua For This Useful Post:
As far as You're planning to use and distribute it for N900, there is nothing against it. There is special exception - written by Nokia authorized employers - about non-license agreement, for not only using, but also redistributing Nokia's binaries in projects related to Nokia devices.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 72 | Thanked: 157 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Hungary
Originally Posted by int_ua View Post
Thanks a lot for the Mer

There is a u-boot-for-power-kernel but I didn't try it yet.

I can't mount OneNAND 256Mb root with 2.6.35, it says it doesn't know about ubifs type. Maybe we can just copy all BME components in binary? Will it be against some license?
That would be great if we can use the power kernel, because it has a lot of important modules inside it. These modules are essentials for the n900 and no othe ubuntu kernel will offer something like those modules.

The Following User Says Thank You to PanzerSajt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 72 | Thanked: 157 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Hungary
Currently I am messing with ubuntu 11.10, but I have a serios problem: The secondary characters won't work (numbers for instance)

I am collecting those processes that I don't need I I will disable them in order to free up the cpu. We really nead a video driver besides the power kernel, bucause the unity interface is unuseable without hardware acceleration. (can we use/modify meego driver to get some gpu support?)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PanzerSajt For This Useful Post:
http://wiki.maemo.org/User:Jebba/Fedora
Another watchdog and BME workarounds with direct links to Mer. But it used bootmenu AFAIU.

Maybe booting from microsd, but the kernel can be recompiled to support this. Also, newer udev versions require new kernel versions. 2.6.28 is too old. In my opinion, using old software for Kubuntu 11.10 is a step back anyway.

Maybe we can just copy all BME components in binary?
There shellscripts which can charge the battery around there. BME isn't needed.

I can't mount OneNAND 256Mb root with 2.6.35, it says it doesn't know about ubifs type.
It misses the ubifs module. You could compile ubifs support. If you do so, CONFIG_MTD_ONENAND_VERIFY_WRITE mustn't be set, because this will lead to ubifs errors. It did when I played around with other operation systems.

My tip: Test with meego-ce kernels, for a simple reason: They got a lot of stuff working.

Another watchdog...
busybox has the "watchdog" applet. It's easy to use and it can feed the watchdogs. E. g.
Code:
watchdog -t 10 /dev/twl4030_wdt
watchdog -t 10 /dev/watchdog
The thing is I can't chroot to the system from Maemo with 'Exec format error'. And I don't remember nor understand yet why we need to copy qemu-arm-static binary.
You don't need qemu-arm-static if you want to chroot from maemo to the other arm system. Usually people copy qemu-arm-static to a specified place on the rootfs they want chroot into form a different platform (say ARM rootfs and you want to chroot into it from x86). This is done by using the binfmt_misc feature of the linux kernel. The kernel recognizes ARM binaries and passes them to qemu-arm-static. Scratchbox also makes use of this mechanism.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NIN101 For This Useful Post: