Originally Posted by Grazy View Post
anyone else had this problem then? i think i will go to a nokia repair centre to ask! typed my serial number into nokia UK website and it says its under warranty! so we will see what they say!

they better not say, "here's a Nokia 800 as a replacement!"

more than likely they will say scratches are not covered but worth a go! Still not convined it is a scratch though!
Yea i Have this issue too. I hate it cause you really cant see it unless your look at it. im in the US with my N9 with the New Zealand warranty so not much I can do. I ordered the Invisishield for the front of my N9.

Posts: 196 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Near St. Albans UK
Originally Posted by evpalmer View Post
Yea i Have this issue too. I hate it cause you really cant see it unless your look at it. im in the US with my N9 with the New Zealand warranty so not much I can do. I ordered the Invisishield for the front of my N9.
This is sounding like a common problem! I tried taking mine into o2 as this is now a repair point where i live and they were pretty useless! I said i would talk to Nokia before commiting a send off as i don't know if Nokia UK will have these screens or if its a known problem! whos to say a screen replacement will last long!! it may just come back!

Can you put a pic up? i would be interested to see the type of mark yours has?

If enough of us can put these pics up it will be good ammo to send Nokia!

Last edited by Grazy; 2011-11-14 at 14:09.

Posts: 278 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ SD, CA
Originally Posted by anidel View Post
Keychains won't scratch it either. When I had my E7 that also uses a Gorilla Glass I tried to scratch it on purpose with keys, screw drivers and so on, nothing...
Maybe if you REALLY push hard on it, it may scratch, not sure.. but I did play with it a lot with keys and no scratch on that screen.

Amazing.
it must have been some thing with a really fine edge.new keys at a perfect angle could do it.

Originally Posted by balisingh View Post
it must have been some thing with a really fine edge.new keys at a perfect angle could do it.
For me I never put my phone in my pocket. I have a holster that has microfiber material inside. So I really think its a defect in some phones

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Lahti, Finland
I've got two or three small scratches. Guess it's due the fact I've kept the phone on my nightstand upside down and tried to grasp it during morning - failing to do so and moving it around for a few times.

Doesn't bother me that much at this point.

Originally Posted by stonda View Post
I've got two or three small scratches. Guess it's due the fact I've kept the phone on my nightstand upside down and tried to grasp it during morning - failing to do so and moving it around for a few times.

Doesn't bother me that much at this point.
Yea me either hard to notice unless you look for it

Scratched my N9...

It's actually quite easy to scratch it - I scratched mine with a rusty pair of scissors.

You just need something with uneven surface and rub it against the N9 and it will scratch.

The demos you see on video on using a sharp knife to cut it won't scratch because the knife despite being very sharp have a smooth cutting surface. It would get scratched if you use a rust knife on the other hand.

Hope this make sense and be warn...

I'm buying a screen protector for my N9...

Anybody know a good one?

Originally Posted by ming387 View Post
Scratched my N9...

It's actually quite easy to scratch it - I scratched mine with a rusty pair of scissors.

You just need something with uneven surface and rub it against the N9 and it will scratch.

The demos you see on video on using a sharp knife to cut it won't scratch because the knife despite being very sharp have a smooth cutting surface. It would get scratched if you use a rust knife on the other hand.

Hope this make sense and be warn...

I'm buying a screen protector for my N9...

Anybody know a good one?
I ordered the Zagg Invisible shield.

The Following User Says Thank You to evpalmer For This Useful Post:
I am just not going to search for scratches on mine. Just knowing there is one would make me very sad. Just don't look for them....

Posts: 196 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Near St. Albans UK
Email from Nokia:

Thank you for the clarification.

With regard to your concerns, we would like to inform you that since the Nokia N9 is unavailable in the UK, then the answers to your inquiry are:

1. The phone is covered by the warranty in the UK if and only if the country where you have imported it from is a member of the European Union. Even if it is covered by the warranty, if the parts needed are unavailable in the UK, then we will be unable to repair it. The best option in the matter is to contact the Nokia support of the country where you have purchased it and send it there (to a relative or friend) to have it repaired. We would also like to inform you that we will be unsure if it will be covered by the warranty as it is a harware issue. Nevertheless, we strongly recommend contacting the country support of your phone to know if it will be covered.

2. We also suggest contacting the country support of your phone for any alternative regarding backing up.

3-4. Please refer to our answer on your first inquiry.

5. Since your phone is from another coutry, it cannot be sent to us via UPS or Freepost and Care Points may be unable to repair your device as the phone does not exist in the country.

If you have any other concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again as we are more than willing to be of assistance

The Following User Says Thank You to Grazy For This Useful Post: