Yup, mine has also been delayed, to Bournemouth. I emailed Handtec about it and they said they will investigate and seek compensation where they can which might be passed on to us.

The Following User Says Thank You to Soundy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 194 | Thanked: 127 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Manchester, UK
Originally Posted by strongm View Post
An answer at last! They shipped 9th Novemebr, but since it is international I should expect delivery beginning of next week rather than today. I'm almost excited again since, when it was working, my Handtec-sourced N9 was a lovely device.
Counting for you. Have you received your new N9 yet?

I was a lucky one and my Handtec sourced N9 works fine. Pure delight, so I hope you get yours very soon!

Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by jpfsn View Post
Counting for you. Have you received your new N9 yet?

I was a lucky one and my Handtec sourced N9 works fine. Pure delight, so I hope you get yours very soon!
<fume>

Mine was faulty. Return it. Get told no new stock for weeks. Get refund. Handtec immediately announce new stock is actually going to be available in week or so. Stick with new supplier who has them in stock. Handtec announce new stock. Stick with new supplier who is about to ship. Handtec announce new stock is shipping and delivering in the uk. Still waiting on new supplier.

Am not a happy bunny,

Posts: 106 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Corfe Castle, Dorset, UK
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
Yup, mine has also been delayed, to Bournemouth. I emailed Handtec about it and they said they will investigate and seek compensation where they can which might be passed on to us.
You in Dorset?

Thought I was the only one

Originally Posted by HughF_UK View Post
You in Dorset?

Thought I was the only one
Yes indeed! The tracking shows it's out for delivery to Poole (work) now and should be here around half 3. Can't wait, especially after the disappointment yesterday!

If it can't easily be fooled with some kind of NFC card/hack we might have to get together to unlock the extra Angry Birds levels!

Hi,

just got my 16Gb from Handtec, and haven' been able to charge to see if it carashes, how the hell do you open the USB cover? Mine seems stuck firm.

If I can't open it, this is giong back

Thanks,

Barry

Got mine an hour ago and so far no crashing yet, just super smooth UI awesomeness...hope I haven't jinxed it! The software version is 10.2011.23-1_PR_001, I'm going to update to the latest version before doing anything such as enabling developer mode.

To open the USB cover there should be a sticker on one side saying "1 push" - you push down on the side closest to the headphone jack and the other side pops up.

The Following User Says Thank You to rajveer For This Useful Post:
Thanks,

just tried that, no joy this is the second N9 that has had an issue for me, going back for a refund, so so dissapointed.

Not even had the darn thing on!

Barry

Mine is quite hard to pop down, I have to use a fingernail right on the edge and push with quite a bit of force. Sure you're not just doing it too softly? Mind you I guess if you had another one before this one, you know how to open it.

Posts: 106 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Corfe Castle, Dorset, UK
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
Yes indeed! The tracking shows it's out for delivery to Poole (work) now and should be here around half 3. Can't wait, especially after the disappointment yesterday!

If it can't easily be fooled with some kind of NFC card/hack we might have to get together to unlock the extra Angry Birds levels!
Mine was duff so I sent it back

Still undecided if I'm going to get another one... Work for me is near dorchester...