Originally Posted by rajveer View Post
Mine is quite hard to pop down, I have to use a fingernail right on the edge and push with quite a bit of force. Sure you're not just doing it too softly? Mind you I guess if you had another one before this one, you know how to open it.
Hi, the other one had the opposite roblem the door was damaged! I did use a bit of force, but didn't try nail under the door. Just gave it a try and it finally clicke open but door did bend alarmingly!!

Will see what happens once charged, see if i can close / open the door, not a great design tbh!

Can you replace these doors easily?

Barry

Hi Rajveer/Barry I am thinking of ordering from Handtec. Are you facing any issues with the N9? And is it from the new lot? I would like to know your feedback before placing a order.
thanx

Hi Montamer, I've been using my N9 for around 4 hours now, have updated to the latest software and am syncing my exchange email with it. Used it for web browsing, watching videos, just pretty much taken it for a spin. I haven't enabled developer mode yet, but I haven't had any issues at all so far, very happy! It was from the new batch yes.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rajveer For This Useful Post:
Hi Montamer,

my N9 is 16Gb, found updates and updated to 1.1, the only issue I have is the USB door, very (very) hard to open, had to use my nail to open whilst pushing down, and it did bend alarmingly but then opened.

I dont expect that to last long if it doesnt ease up

Apart from that it is a lovely piece of kit

Barry

The Following User Says Thank You to BarryB20 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rajveer View Post
Hi Montamer, I've been using my N9 for around 4 hours now, have updated to the latest software and am syncing my exchange email with it. Used it for web browsing, watching videos, just pretty much taken it for a spin. I haven't enabled developer mode yet, but I haven't had any issues at all so far, very happy! It was from the new batch yes.
Good to hear that. where r u from? India?.

Originally Posted by BarryB20 View Post
Hi Montamer,

my N9 is 16Gb, found updates and updated to 1.1, the only issue I have is the USB door, very (very) hard to open, had to use my nail to open whilst pushing down, and it did bend alarmingly but then opened.

I dont expect that to last long if it doesnt ease up

Apart from that it is a lovely piece of kit

Barry
Great . I am planning to get a 64GB Black. I hope they are still shipping the finland model.

Posts: 77 | Thanked: 181 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Winchester, UK
My replacement 64GB device from Handtec arrived.
It's a 059J1V8 which is:
059J1V8: RM-696 NDT CENTRAL EUROPE BLACK 64GB

It seemed to crash whilst doing the initial registration to the Ovi account but since then it seems to be working ok (I've successfully updated to PR1.1).

Will see how it goes....

The Following User Says Thank You to jonquark For This Useful Post:
Posts: 303 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London UK
Originally Posted by BarryB20 View Post
Hi, the other one had the opposite roblem the door was damaged! I did use a bit of force, but didn't try nail under the door. Just gave it a try and it finally clicke open but door did bend alarmingly!!

Will see what happens once charged, see if i can close / open the door, not a great design tbh!

Can you replace these doors easily?

Barry
My replacement has just arrived and the cover was jammed.. until I peeled off the sticker that said (1) push ?? Did you remove that sticker too?

Mine just arrived. Everyone in the office had a good look. Haven't done much with it though, just put it on charge.

Will be interesting to see if (a) my micro-sim cutter from eBay works(!) and (b) if it will interface with my bluetooth car radio.

Exciting times!!

Got my handtec one today also, its same variant as above :059J1V8. Looks like its from Poland this time as instructions/warranty docs are from there. Still charging at mo before I have a proper play with it. Just to add Handtec have also pricematched Expansys now so its cheaper at £550.79. Great service too, ordered with 2-4 day shipping Monday night and it arrived this afternoon! Looks good, no crashes yet, but i'll have a proper play and update when its fully charged.

hoggerz

The Following User Says Thank You to hoggerz For This Useful Post: