Active Topics

Closed Thread
You will notice upgrade available in application manager of Your choose All people here asking for it again and again - do You think there is any sense in doing so? Is it going to make it faster/slower/whatever? It just bloat this (already hard to read) thread.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
I think Maemo developers (¡thank u guys!) have the same policy that Maemo's mother (Debian) ones.

It's a famous phrase at Debian forums XD: “it's released when it's ready"

I'm anxious for getting more and more updates but, developers are humans and try to do their best. If you would like to have it faster and have time to help, ask where you can help (developing, tranlating, making documentation, beta-testing something buggy...). We all will thank you your aportation

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to malkavian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
Originally Posted by pali View Post
Hello, I'd like to remind my post about patched osso-wlan (wlancond) which is needed for updated wl1251 wifi driver.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...31#post1073631

If somebody else tested it please write results. This patched osso-wlan could be included into CSSU.
I have been using it for about a week now, with both stock kernel and my own kernel build (different from everyone else), and everything works fine.
Thumbs up

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maacruz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 159 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ India
@anyone who can answer...

is there any way to make phone application faster...there is a delay of about 4-5 seconds when i get a call for phone to display the answer or reject options...it is frustrating..!!

thanks..

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to knobby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Picking that up, is there a way to enable pre-loading of the phone application?

Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
Originally Posted by knobby View Post
there is a delay of about 4-5 seconds when i get a call for phone to display the answer or reject options...it is frustrating..!!
It's quite strange, but I think it's not related to CSSU (the post topic). Maybe you have too many apps loaded or I don't know what could it be. You could try some monitors of CPU and RAM to trace the problem. If there isn't anything you want/must close/uninstall you could try overclocking or resetting and reinstalling all.

Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain

is there any way to make phone application faster...there is a delay of about 4-5 seconds when i get a call for phone to display the answer or reject options...it is frustrating..!!

thanks..
Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
Picking that up, is there a way to enable pre-loading of the phone application?
It is already preloaded, look for the rtcom-call-ui process. Furthermore, it is in the cgroup /syspart/desktop which receives about 3/4 of the cpu shares.
But if you have many applications opened or use memory hogs, it is possible that it takes a long time to bring out the phone app from swap.

The Following User Says Thank You to maacruz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 249 | Thanked: 277 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Brighton, UK
Linux performance tuning isn't an area in which I have a great deal of expertise, but is there a way to set an application's pages to always be held resident, other than making it un-nice?

The Following User Says Thank You to mr_jrt For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 778 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Jun 2010
flsashed pr1.3.1
restored backup..
pedia player widget not working issue was gone..
then installed cssu.. came back.. along with pc suit thinking im on pr1.3..

cssu has module(s) from pr1.3 which replace pr1.3.1 module(s) and brings back the media player prob along with pcsuit thingy..

Banned | Posts: 778 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Jun 2010

thanks..
i think it should be "minimised" instead of closed completely..
or a way to use camera softpress for a selectable timelimit to answer the call/hard press to reject..

Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade