Posts: 123 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Portugal
Portugal fnac?

Posts: 187 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Sunny Woollahra
at Crazy John's (.au phone shop) they have the N9 in the Andriod section...

N9 in centre by rfa31

Last edited by rfa; 2011-11-21 at 05:52. Reason: add photo

The Following User Says Thank You to rfa For This Useful Post:
@SSLMM
my bad. i forgot to mention the location of the store:

fnac store
norte shopping
porto, portugal

will edit my first post with this info also.

Last edited by manifesto42; 2011-11-20 at 04:08.

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Portugal
When my n900 was stolen, i went exactly to that store to see if they still sell some, but when i asked for that model to the employee, he said right way "we don't recomend that phone, as it gives a lot of problems to his users". I aswered back " i recomend it myself, as my n900 was stolen yesterday...and it never gave me problems...". Oh, and they didn't have any stock of n900, so that "recomendation" was really unnecessary...

And then they do errors like this... oh well...

Ps: Thanks for the sharing

The Following User Says Thank You to SSLMM For This Useful Post:
Posts: 66 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Dubai
If approx. 99% of world phones comprise of any of the below os.

1. iOS
2. Android
3. Windows

and so about 1% have maemo or meego and yet you expect everyone to know what o/s that phone has?

To be fair i checked yest at one counter in a mall and by mistake also said if n9 is symbian based and sales clerk said yes. I had also forgotten that it's meego as i had not followed it up since it was announced so many months back.

I was burned with n900 by nokia and will never get anohter nokia developed phone even if they get into android.

Btw my last few phones: n79, n80 (lost), n96 (bricked), n900 (using as music player only), iPhone4 32g, LG optimus 3D (p920) one of the two 3D phone models in the world.

Last edited by sak500; 2011-11-20 at 07:27.

Posts: 330 | Thanked: 97 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ saudi arabia
I live in Saudi Arabia, my shop "thank god"
Recognise its MeeGo.

@sak500

yes, i do. I expect a professional sales person in charge of selling phones to at least know what OS it has. If he doesnt know some specific tech detail, i can live with that, but if he was put in charge of selling those devices, he should know the basics.

In my case, he did know it was meego - except that symbian evolution part. The rest was a store display issue.

@SSLMM

A fellow portuguese. :-)

I would bet those "problems" people had with their N900 were likely caused by them not knowing how to use it properly. Still, their "recomendation" was very bad.

Posts: 273 | Thanked: 463 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Athens
Well hey at least the3y didn't say meego is windows with android on top of it like the dude in my providers store when I went there to change my SIM to a microSIM. So much FAIL

The Following User Says Thank You to Zoxir For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sak500 View Post
and so about 1% have maemo or meego and yet you expect everyone to know what o/s that phone has?
There's huge difference between "everybody" and major retailer selling the product.
They want to sell the product and i can promise they would do better by advertising it to be anything else than Symbian.

Originally Posted by rfa View Post
at Crazy John's (.au phone shop) they have the N9 in the Andriod section...

N9 in centre by rfa31
Thats unbelievable. :-P