Active Topics

Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 472 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Texas
omg you've got to be kidding me. Ok, I have my N800 off a fresh install of the OS. I've disabled the Nokia catalog and nokia catalog (3rd party software). I can't touch the "Nokia System Software Updates" repo. Chatonka is the only other repo even in the list. WHat am I doign wrong?

Yep, sorry, I had the files in the wrong location for a few minutes. Try again if things aren't working.

And I now linked Canola to canola so it doesn't matter if you capitalize the 'C'

Goodnight folks!

Last edited by wolf08; 2007-12-21 at 04:48.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wolf08 For This Useful Post:
Rock The Hell On!!!

Posts: 59 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Tauranga, NZ
genius - thanks guys

Omg wolf08 You Frickin' Rock!

i feel like kissing someone, and the fiance's asleep already. :-\

Posts: 487 | Thanked: 152 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by PinCushionQueen View Post
Thank You!!! You guys rock!! I'd hug you if I could

Canola is up & running well. Only problems for me so far is that it won't recognize my pictures or videos. Haven't had a chance to figure out why yet...

Thanks again!
HINT: you shoould try playing with your settings!

1./ Settings --> Media Library --> Audio/Photos/Video
2./ click on any of them
3./ and then click on the "crossed eye" next to the name to make it a "normal eye" and the press OK

you should now be able to see the files from the "normal eye"-ed
folder.

Hope this helps

Applications I've made:
- Vuvuzela
- LTM: London Tube Map

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Alberta, Canada
Anyone else finding that running Canola 2 breaks the hardware zoom and full screen buttons on the web browser? (N800 and OS2008 official).

I realize that the whole bandwidth thing is frustrating, but really is it their fault that Nokia doesn't deem us tablet users important enough to devote more bandwidth to?

(Off topic: I still think it's ridiculous that there's so many DIFFERENT repositories. We need one repository with EVERY file in it, mirrored across multiple servers, does anyone know why this is the only Linux that doesn't do that?)

The program is worth the issues with downloading though, as far as I'm concerned. It's definitely the best media player I've used so far. I hope that in the future, in addition to adding the tagged album art and wma support, that a FM radio plugin is developed, that'd only improve the software.

Great piece of software - this Canola. Hats off to the Canola developers. Very well thought out UI - so far from my initial looks.
Pretty late so will hit the sack today, hoping to play some more tomorrow.

In a jist
Eye watch folder is where it looks for media - by Audio, Video and Pics
Dragging on the Video seems to make it full screen, how do I make it small again ?
Pics pan and dipslay very well.
How do I force a rescan of media, other than shutting down the eye and shutting it on again on all folders to be watched ?
(Kagu had a nice force-scan option, a similar option would be good on C2).

Will test out my OGG files tomorrow.

And lastly thanks goes to Wolf08 for this nice gift of a alternate download site and a package as well.

Well, let tall the hate subside (against those who had been able to downloads from Nokia repos) and let there be love and joy again for those who had to wait for a decent alternative. :-)

Closed Thread