Thanks for your hand work freemangordon. The detail and quality is amazing! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPoBlN0xlAM

I've followed all the steps from the first post but when I try to create a video the screen goes black so I can't see what I'm recording, I only see the time on the bottom right.

What am I doing wrong? Do I need another codecs or is it a dsp configuration problem? I use kernel-config load dsp.

Posts: 336 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ portugal
Originally Posted by hxka View Post
After latest CSSU update apt-get upgrade tries to upgrade debs from here. To prevent this, type as root:
Code:
dpkg --set-selections << end
camera-ui hold
libgdigicam-gst-camerabin0 hold
libgdigicam0 hold
end
tks a lot..that worked...but if in the future camera ui2 is integrated or updated via cssu, how can i unhold the updates?

Posts: 159 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ India
Originally Posted by ed_boner View Post
tks a lot..that worked...but if in the future camera ui2 is integrated or updated via cssu, how can i unhold the updates?
1) simply write install in place of hold in the above commands or
2) use this...
apt-get upgrade --ignore-hold

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to knobby For This Useful Post:
@freemangordon:

See status of bug https://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/show_bug.cgi?id=171 and last comment #4 from Felipe Contreras. Also write what other is needed for N900.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
I would not expect TI to allow redistribution of *anything* - they have long history of acting like castle under siege. I suppose it's going to end like with jacekowski's modified binary - unofficial, yet still everyone own it.

As for gstreamer0.10-dsp, I wonder if version publicly available now is much different from Harmattan'ish one - it would be pointless to fix it if it require much hassle, as Nokia is f**kin obliged to release sources anyway.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 181 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Oulu, Finland
Ha ha, a .deb for installation was created right after I managed to use the old method! I must've been the last one to install this by using the Linux script. I had to edit it a lot to suit me, pick up the newest Oneclickflasher by luck. Boy, that was some work. Even reinstalled my Ubuntu once. But the 720p recording works like a dream -- thank you very much!

The Following User Says Thank You to Raimu For This Useful Post:
Is there anything that can be done to video quality?
Recorded files are missing focus and highly blurred - it`s really hard to tell if they are really 720p, without looking at their properties.

Thank You for all that work freemangordon.

Posts: 159 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ India
Originally Posted by artpra View Post
Is there anything that can be done to video quality?
Recorded files are missing focus and highly blurred - it`s really hard to tell if they are really 720p, without looking at their properties.

Thank You for all that work freemangordon.
u can either refocus the video by soft pressing camera key or use the keyboard ..... (shift+) G or F..during recording..

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to knobby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by pali View Post
@freemangordon:

See status of bug https://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/show_bug.cgi?id=171 and last comment #4 from Felipe Contreras. Also write what other is needed for N900.
Yeah, saw it. Nothing new, those public binaries are available for long time ago. And as Felipe points they are missing h264 encoder. Plus MP4 encoder supports up to WVGA resolution. And are crap compared to stock n900 binaries. Maybe I missed the point but those are of no use.

Anyway, we don't need to redistribute codec binaries, it is pretty enough Nokia to distribute them in a way n900 apt to be able to access them without need to enable harmattan repo. Dedicated repo should be enough. Or something like that.

For gst-dsp from google.code - yeah, it works most of the time. But not always. And one of the major differences between harmattan gst-dsp and that on google.code is that in harmattan one codec binary to be loaded in DSP is selected based on video profile, not only on video fourcc. And it has never been tested with h264 encoder as such is missing in public binaries, so no videocall.

Anyway, it is a great success to have the author on the bugtracker. Seems my old account don't work there, so I will make a new one and will try to add some additional comments on the bug.

Big thanks again for your efforts.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:

Tags
balls, gpl violation, hackjobs, lgpl violation, nokia, upgrade..., video player