Originally Posted by chase15 View Post
Guys, what do I have to consider on buying n9?? what's with made in China and Finland?? how about the unbranded vs the branded one?? Anything wrong with them?? Thanks!
Generally one were to assume that products made in Finland (or anywhere in Europe for that matter) are of a higher quality than that made in China. It may or may not be the case (China was valuable because they were good enough and cheap) anymore but I'd still probably lean that way.

That said, some from Handtec were apparently a little defective though still being made in Finland. Think most of that though was software being a very early version.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cincibluer6 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 48 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Maryland, USA
Originally Posted by cincibluer6 View Post
FYI, on Newegg the price is now 630. Save a couple bucks. Good to see it's getting easier for US buyers. I'm waiting though for a 64GB. Might jump on the Amazon seller.

Any word on where Neweggs stock is manufactured?

The Following User Says Thank You to levintruenoae86 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by levintruenoae86 View Post
Any word on where Neweggs stock is manufactured?
I have no idea. You'd have to email CS and even then they might not know. I'd like to think Finland but you never know. I would think China has far more manufacturing prowess for this but you never know.
I'm waiting just a bit more myself. I'm busy right now and I know prices will eventually fall just a bit more into my self-defined price range...which seems to fluctuate every time I check and N9 post.

Originally Posted by chase15 View Post
Guys, what do I have to consider on buying n9?? what's with made in China and Finland?? how about the unbranded vs the branded one?? Anything wrong with them?? Thanks!
Going by our local Malaysian forum there are very few cases of defective made in China N9s. A couple of cases where the phone couldn't power up but they were solved by flashing. I don't think anybody should worry too much about being made in China or Finland. Lot's of forum members here already bought N9s from Asia and do you see an unusual number of complaints? There are more complaints of defective Finland made N9s from Handtec than China.

The Following User Says Thank You to SamGan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by cincibluer6 View Post
That said, some from Handtec were apparently a little defective though still being made in Finland. Think most of that though was software being a very early version.
It was nothing to do with software. It was faulty hardware, an (unspecified) problem with the motherboard.

The Following User Says Thank You to strongm For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by strongm View Post
It was nothing to do with software. It was faulty hardware, an (unspecified) problem with the motherboard.
Oh, really? I didn't know that. I was checking in on it infrequently but I had just heard of reboots and stuff like that and many thought maybe it was just a SW problem that would be fixed with 1.1.
Thanks for the clarification.

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Jakarta, Indonesia
i just notice one white variant of N9 firmware is available in navifirm

059J1Z5: RM-696 NDT 16GB BLACK
059H6N5: RM-696 NDT 16GB ROW CYAN
059H6N4: RM-696 NDT 16GB ROW MAGENTA
059H2M5: RM-696 NDT 16GB ROW WHITE
059H2M6: RM-696 NDT 64GB ROW BLACK

anybody knows what country might that variant will be released?

Posts: 568 | Thanked: 969 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by Zahed View Post
Great detective work. Pity though sounded a great price. Maybe someone in Malaysia could still verify.......
Of course it's a scam. The price is unfeasibly low. If it was really that low, they'd be out of stock because another retailer would buy all their stock and resell it much closer to the market price.

Originally Posted by Everyone since the dawn of time
If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Posts: 568 | Thanked: 969 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by SamGan View Post
Going by our local Malaysian forum there are very few cases of defective made in China N9s. A couple of cases where the phone couldn't power up but they were solved by flashing. I don't think anybody should worry too much about being made in China or Finland. Lot's of forum members here already bought N9s from Asia and do you see an unusual number of complaints? There are more complaints of defective Finland made N9s from Handtec than China.
I agree. I think there's prejudice against units made in China, but not a lot of empirical evidence to support that.

If we were buying cold-cure salmon, reindeer meat or salmakki, I would have a strong preference for 'Made in Finland' over 'Made in China'. With high technology, I just want it to work, regardless of where it was born.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shallimus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Expansys UK brings back the 64GB black model, but still expensive... £555

http://www.expansys.com/nokia-n9-sma...dapter-225748/

Tags
dupe thread, pls merge