Active Topics

Notices

OK try this for size:

Using the attached code modelled on this: http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...08&postcount=4 I fake the keystrokes to do generate the DTMF codes.

FYI The mappings are: 24=q/1 ... 33=p/0 and 40=d/# You don't have to worry about the modifiers as the dialler converts codes to valid DTMF values. For instance:

./injectkey 33 26 ... 40
dials "03...#" very much faster than the dbus calls.

I haven't figured out how to close the keypad on the screen yet but that's all that's missing to make this a quite usable, if ugly, hack.
Attached Files
File Type: zip injectkey.zip (432 Bytes, 107 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to avidscavenger For This Useful Post:
Posts: 195 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ SF Bay Area, United States
Originally Posted by avidscavenger View Post
OK try this for size:

Using the attached code modelled on this: http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...08&postcount=4 I fake the keystrokes to do generate the DTMF codes.

FYI The mappings are: 24=q/1 ... 33=p/0 and 40=d/# You don't have to worry about the modifiers as the dialler converts codes to valid DTMF values. For instance:

dials "03...#" very much faster than the dbus calls.

I haven't figured out how to close the keypad on the screen yet but that's all that's missing to make this a quite usable, if ugly, hack.
It does look ugly but let me try to merge this with qt code.

Maintainer of Markets Today (Yahoo Finance based desktop widget/app)

Originally Posted by scifi.guy View Post
how do you generally dial/enter the international number after calling your calling card number? Some cards ask for "<country code> phone number", some ask for "011<country code>phone number".

So depending on your calling card system's requirement, you need to choose the number format as the "format required for dtmf tone".

The setting "delay before sending dtmf" can be left as 1 for most cases. Increasing this number is required only if the calling card system makes you wait for a long time before entering the phone number.

how can i use calling card in my n900 nokia. I cannot install any dialing software

Posts: 195 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ SF Bay Area, United States
Originally Posted by farookhmansoor View Post
how can i use calling card in my n900 nokia. I cannot install any dialing software
Hi Farookh - I didn't understand. Do you have trouble installing Vicar from extras-devel?

Hi, I'm new here and with Maemo on my N900. I like the application Vicar very much and it's exactly what I'm looking for, but I can't get it running well.
Perhaps this is important: The system is up to date, but I'm using kernel 2.6.28.10-power47

I installed Vicar with the programm manager. The phone numbers are stored in the format as e.g. +49 (170) 27684
I'm using smslisto.com as the card providor.
My setup for "Default profile":
------------------------
Calling card number: <telephone number from providor>
Format required for DTMF tone: 00<Country code><Area code><Phone number>
DTMF tone prefix: p
DTMF tone suffix: #
------------------------
I don't defined another profile, so I can read in Vicar's main window:
No profile found, then call via 911323001

If in adressbook I click "Call via Vicar" this message comes up:
Vicar: +49 (170) 27684 is not a valid number

and nothing happens.

What is my mistake, how can I setup Vicar to dial numbers from my adressbook by phone cards?

In advance thank you very much for any help!

@maemomiguel

Can you please run this command, reproduce the error and send me the output?

Code:
dbus-monitor --session > /home/user/MyDocs/dbus_log.txt

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by scifi.guy View Post

Originally Posted by avidscavenger View Post
It does look ugly but let me try to merge this with qt code.
Hi scifi.guy!

Were you able to integrate the code from avidscavenger into your qt application?
The X11 extensions are to much for my weak skills.

I'm currently searching a good solution to send KeyCodes to other applications without using external shell scripts.

Please DONATE if you like my work!
It's the best way to motivate me to create more stuff for your Device.

Originally Posted by helex View Post
Hi scifi.guy!

Were you able to integrate the code from avidscavenger into your qt application?
The X11 extensions are to much for my weak skills.

I'm currently searching a good solution to send KeyCodes to other applications without using external shell scripts.
Sorry, I didn't have a chance to convert it to Qt.

The Following User Says Thank You to scifi.guy For This Useful Post:
Thanks for this excellent app, it made calling so much more easy.
Any chance you planning on getting this ported to N9 as well?

@pavibhai - Thank you. Yes, I am already working on porting it to harmattan. I have few issues to be resolved before I can publish it.