Notices

...and sorry guys for being away. I've been busy with Slightly Annoyed Rodents for the N9 and N950

The Following User Says Thank You to MasterZap For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Portland, Oregon
Apparently Gowalla forgot to put the Connections page into the redesign, so it's not possible to deauthorize apps from the web at the moment. :-/

https://groups.google.com/d/topic/go...Gqs/discussion

Anyone know of another way to de-authorize ZapLoc on Gowalla so I can start over and get it working again?

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by MasterZap View Post
0.9.5-2 should fix both these things - I hope.

As for the new busybox problem... if someone can show me the output of

Code:
ps | grep "zaploc-daemon"
with new busybox, I can try to figure something out....

/Z
Here is ps output (also with -w) after 3 starts with latest busybox.
Code:
BusyBox v1.19.3 (Debian 1.19.3power1) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

~ $ ps | grep "zaploc-daemon"
2542 user     39760 S    {zaploc-daemon.p} /usr/bin/python/opt/zaploc/zaplo
 4134 user     39632 S    {zaploc-daemon.p} /usr/bin/python /opt/zaploc/zaplo
 4181 user     39632 S    {zaploc-daemon.p} /usr/bin/python /opt/zaploc/zaplo
 4243 user      2816 S    grep zaploc-daemon
~ $ ps -w | grep "zaploc-daemon"
 2542 user     39760 S    {zaploc-daemon.p} /usr/bin/python /opt/zaploc/zaploc-daemon.py -d
 4134 user     39632 S    {zaploc-daemon.p} /usr/bin/python /opt/zaploc/zaploc-daemon.py -d
 4181 user     39632 S    {zaploc-daemon.p} /usr/bin/python /opt/zaploc/zaploc-daemon.py -d
 4245 user      2820 S    grep zaploc-daemon

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Finland
Thanks Z!
Now ZapLoc is once again compatible with latest BusyBox.

If this will be the last update to Zaploc then let us know when it will be in extras-testing and let's pushed it to extras. This version should go there and have a wider audience

Last edited by Gusse; 2011-11-21 at 18:19.

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Poland
MasterZap.
I'd love to use your nice app just for google latitude. And it would probably work, but it seems it uses supl.nokia.com server for GSM positioning. Well, for some reason and for some people it doesn't show correct position at all! For instance no matter in which part of Poland you are, your position is shown as "Szadek" - see here:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=79791
And it causes problems in other parts of the world too:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...kia.com&page=3
supl.google.com works properly (shame on you Nokia!). Is it possible to change positioning server in ZapLoc's configuration file or is it a matter of rebuilding app by you? :-(
If the latter is a case - could you recompile ZapLoc with google server please, please, please? :-)

Last edited by sylwiusz; 2011-11-21 at 19:33.

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by sylwiusz View Post
it would probably work, but it seems it uses supl.nokia.com server for GSM positioning.
This is normally a phone setting, not an app setting. Zaploc should just be using the liblocation system to get this info. If you change the phone setting (System->Settings->Location->Network positioning) it should change this for all apps.

I get 0 lock info when I have things set to supl,nokia.com, and can't get a lock for a solid 20 minutes. Change it to supl.google.com and everything works quickly, including Zaploc.

But I have supl.google.com set in system positioning preferences :-( And yet ZapLoc shows wrong position still (the same as Ovi Maps showed when supl.nokia.com was set), while with google server Ovi Maps shows right position using only cell tower localisation :-/
Yup, I know, getting google latitude to work on N900 is not an easy task ;-)

It seems it works now allright :-) Perhaps at the begining there was a cached localisation found somewhere? Anyway one day of use and I have google latitude filled with places I visited today ;-) Thanks MasterZap :-)

I am not myself doing anything with supl.nokia.anything that's the N900 location stuff. All I do is ask the location layer for positoins. I do nuttin' more (well, okay, the WiFi-based location stuff I do myself)

My N900 is still broken but I can use it for some updates... some update may come....

...also, the sorf-of death of my N900 may speed up making ZapLoc for N9(50).... I hope.

Thing is my game is keeping me a tad busy too.

/Z

Last edited by MasterZap; 2011-11-24 at 18:06.

Yeah, it seems it was a kind of a cache related problem.
But I feel I have a bad luck. I've installed the newest version of ZapLoc to another N900 and during start a dialog box "authorizing ZapLoc with google latitude" with animated binary code stays on the screen forever, no google auth site opens :-( Maybe I'll try some older versions in this case?