Active Topics

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
^ Yeah. This started happening about two days ago when I removed the gstreamer packages.

Nice pick up on that.

I'll see if this will make a difference.

Edit:

apt-get install gstreamer0.10-plugins-good

That resolved it. Thanks!

Last edited by Addison; 2011-11-04 at 04:51.

Would you ever consider backing up/restoring two or three different /home/user/.osso/hildon-desktop/* configurations?

I was thinking of turning the entire desktop into a media center and having personal launcher, with big, nifty buttons, that send commands to Xmms.

I found out that you can override the size of the icons in personal launcher so they can be bigger than 64x64.

It's just a super long process of changing some of the graphics from /usr/share/icons/hicolor/*, background wallpaper, changing the settings with personal launcher and then returning back to my previous setup.

Does that make sense to you?

Originally Posted by Addison View Post
Would you ever consider backing up/restoring two or three different /home/user/.osso/hildon-desktop/* configurations?

I was thinking of turning the entire desktop into a media center and having personal launcher, with big, nifty buttons, that send commands to Xmms.

I found out that you can override the size of the icons in personal launcher so they can be bigger than 64x64.

It's just a super long process of changing some of the graphics from /usr/share/icons/hicolor/*, background wallpaper, changing the settings with personal launcher and then returning back to my previous setup.

Does that make sense to you?
Ya, when ASUI gets command buttons you can write a script that stops hildon-desktop, backs up the config, restores another config and restarts hildon-desktop. It'll close all open apps and take about 30+ seconds to switch but would work.

You could even launch the script from personal launcher.

The Following User Says Thank You to auouymous For This Useful Post:
^ Can I have that feature tonight please.

New test binary, run asui dit to download and install.
  • fix: charge animation no longer appears in widget editor
  • drain rate in the bottom 40% of battery graph, each graph line represents 10.0%/hr
  • audio lock button is no longer clickable when no profiles are present
  • unused widgets and buttons can be hidden in the editor
  • added 5 half widgets that hold buttons (2 buttons each)
  • increased drag deviation from 20 to 50 pixels

Don't want to see a button or widget? Open the button or widget editor, tap the button or widget and select hide. All new buttons and widgets will default to visible but all of them except for the two editor buttons can be hidden.

There are also 5 new half widgets that you can move buttons to. Command buttons will be ready soon so you'll have something to fill these new widgets with.

The increased drag deviation should make it easier to tap elements without ASUI thinking it is a drag and ignoring the tap.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to auouymous For This Useful Post:
^ Thanks a bunch!

Posts: 637 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kaliningrad, Russia
Thanks!

New test binary, run asui dit ; asui dis to download and install.
  • fix: swiping ASUI to unmap would sometimes not unmap and also not snap the window back to fullscreen
  • added 8 command buttons

There are 8 new buttons that you can assign commands to. Use asui-settings to configure the buttons and be sure to press the reload ASUI button after making changes. An empty button widget has a small solid gray dot. Unconfigured command buttons have a smaller solid gray dot inside a gray circle.

Next up will be icons for the buttons and maybe toggle buttons that can test the state of something and change the button's name, icon and action.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to auouymous For This Useful Post:
^ What are some ideas for these buttons?

Originally Posted by Addison View Post
^ What are some ideas for these buttons?
They can be used to run all the scripts you write or often used commands that don't require output.

name = Restart;Telescope
action = /etc/init.d/telescope-svc restart
run as root and require double tap

Now when X gets too big I can double tap a button instead of opening process viewer and killing telescope.

The Following User Says Thank You to auouymous For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada blows, bada rox