http://www.facebook.com/groups/261331570582020/
The United Nokia's N9xx (N900, N950, N9)
Well, this is the united group for all Nokia N9xx lovers and fans! This group is even open for the older Maemo based devices, for current Nokia's so called MeeGo devices (Maemo 6 Harmattan), for upcoming Maemo 7 Meltemi devices (if any...) and also for other systems using the Maemo like apps (for example Symbian Belle).

Let's not divide our small community to even smaller communities!

Any Ideas or Questions about the Nokia N9xx Devices are welcome.
Please feel FREE to post

Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
Originally Posted by tratrafe2 View Post
http://www.facebook.com/groups/261331570582020/
The United Nokia's N9xx (N900, N950, N9)
Well, this is the united group for all Nokia N9xx lovers and fans! This group is even open for the older Maemo based devices, for current Nokia's so called MeeGo devices (Maemo 6 Harmattan), for upcoming Maemo 7 Meltemi devices (if any...) and also for other systems using the Maemo like apps (for example Symbian Belle).

Any Ideas or Questions about the Nokia N9xx Devices are welcome.
Please feel FREE to post
You seem to be forgetting the N8xx, 770 devices

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by tratrafe2 View Post
Surely creating a Facebook group is dividing the community! Not everyone uses Facebook...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pelago For This Useful Post:
@ejasmudar thanks for the information, i will change the description right away
@pelago i'm sorry i havent thought about that before, but as we cannot get a domain (just like talk.maemo.org) facebook is our only solution, as the largest social network ;p

I don't use Facebook. Recently got a Diaspora account on joindiaspora.com though. I don't recommend using Facebook to anyone because of their disrespect to users' privacy.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shmerl For This Useful Post:
@shmerl we are getting out of topic somehow i totally agree with you but keeping in contact with my friends/family is critical. As part of the minority of my "friends cycle" that agrees with you, i cant find any other way for such communication;p

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by SD69

Instead Nokia supported another newly created site to do so. Overtures from me addressing the fragmentation of the community did not change that decision.
You should really look who's behind maemo.org and who's behind apps.formeego.org. More or less the same people.

The Following User Says Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
You should really look who's behind maemo.org and who's behind apps.formeego.org. More or less the same people.
Yes, we knew then the same people were doing the OBS and apps infrastructure on both sites and we like them a lot. There was still fragmentation because community N9 apps were to go to a new and different site than previous maemo apps. But this is not the place to discuss that decision.

The relevant point is to make clear to readers of this thread that, despite the implication one might have taken from OP, the N9 launch did not depend on maemo.org and no one from N9 has ever even said so. That clarified, I think we should huddle together and consider what to do with Harmattan in 2012.

The Following User Says Thank You to SD69 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
I get the impression things may be moving back to maemo.org a little. For example, the Harmattan Python wiki pages (maintained by a group within Nokia, I believe) recently moved from wiki.meego.com to wiki.maemo.org. It seems to me that at least some people at Nokia don't wish to rely on the meego.com infrastructure and would rather host their stuff at maemo.org.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pelago For This Useful Post:
This is rather confusing and uncomfortable though. Too much hopping.

The Following User Says Thank You to shmerl For This Useful Post: