Posts: 317 | Thanked: 787 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Krakow, Poland
I noticed that on N900 the satellite update are very rare. I did add one line to force the updates as often as possible. Not sure if it helped a bit but I was able to get a fix on N900 with that build. It took about 5 minutes to get a fix but that is expected as the N900 needs time after a long pause of not having a fit to get a fix.

Could you test this deb below and report back if it helps a bit with GPS issues?

http://www.mediafire.com/?i90uexngx4p82q7

The Following User Says Thank You to dwaradzyn For This Useful Post:
@Damian - in addition to GPS not starting, I'm also having issue with typing search query in search field in landscape mode - value types in portrait mode. Hard to explain See the screenshot. Not sure if it was reported already. Application looks really great BTW, you really did a good work, thanks for doing that!

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...1112822393.png

Last edited by alex131; 2011-11-28 at 22:56. Reason: Adding a link to the screenshot2

The Following User Says Thank You to alex131 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 24 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by dwaradzyn View Post
Not enough information. Please try running the app from X-Terminal and pasting the output here. The command is:
Code:
/opt/cloudgps/cloudgps
I can't give you the exact output because I just downgraded to 0.5.6 (but I did try opening via xterm).

The problem is a missing shared library (libjson). Version 0.5.6 depends on json. This dependency has been removed.

I don't have another package installed depending on json so it was uninstalled during the update.

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by dwaradzyn View Post
Could you test this deb below and report back if it helps a bit with GPS issues?

http://www.mediafire.com/?i90uexngx4p82q7
download error at the mo. when I did my prev test the gps did not start at all, so I doubt it is an update interval issue. Perhaps a missing dependency?

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 181 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Oulu, Finland
Code:
/opt/cloudgps/cloudgps
"error while loading shared libraries: libSDL_gles-1.2.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

Can confirm that the new version of cloudgps has wonky dependencies whereas the older version in extras-testing has correct dependencies marked. More than just one library is missing, I think.

Last edited by Raimu; 2011-11-29 at 00:24.

The Following User Says Thank You to Raimu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 135 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ San Fran
I did not see this anywhere but I am having a download error for google maps over 3g. Is this just a connection issue where it only works over wifi?

This is on n9 btw.

Hi dwaradzyn,

I just install CloudGPS ver. 0.6 but it doesn't run and come back to Desktop. I search around, then to get install Libsdl-ttf2.2 to. However, it still have the problem. Then I run

Code:
/opt/cloudgps/cloudgps
again, it still ask for libjson.so.0. And I can't find this file. Please give me a help. Here's the screenshot:

Thanks.

Originally Posted by alex131 View Post
@Damian - in addition to GPS not starting, I'm also having issue with typing search query in search field in landscape mode - value types in portrait mode. Hard to explain See the screenshot. Not sure if it was reported already. Application looks really great BTW, you really did a good work, thanks for doing that!

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...1112822393.png
Yes, I am aware of that. The search text and cursor is rendered incorrectly in landscape. Also there is no vkb in landscape for now. All of this will be fixed soon.

Package 0.6.4 does not have correct package dependencies. This is probably the cause of many problems reported here. I will try to address that soon.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dwaradzyn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by warrentaye View Post
I did not see this anywhere but I am having a download error for google maps over 3g. Is this just a connection issue where it only works over wifi?

This is on n9 btw.
It should work over 3g.

Are you able to run CloudGPS from terminal (just type "cloudgps" in terminal) and paste the output here?

Also there is an option to debug networking issues in /opt/cloudgps/cloudgps.ini - curlVerbose. If you uncomment this line and set the value of curlVerbose to 1 the output in terminal will be much more detailed.

Tags
best gps app