Notices

All is working fine now...

Thanks guyz for all the help.

Also add this as requirement in original post for getting save option :P

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 181 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Oulu, Finland
Hello, direx. Would you like to push that version of QCPUFreq you released on this forum quite a while ago into extras-dev?

Additionally, kernel-power 49 has introduced a new freq/voltage profile called dsp. It may be a testing profile, but it might be prudent to alter QCPUFreq to take note of what profiles the KP release has and alter the list of profiles accordingly.

Hi,

I've just uploaded the latest version of QCPUFreq to extras-devel so you guys can use it with the latest power kernel.

There is one more thing I have to say about this app and my future contributions: Since my N900 broke (the N900 was out of stock at my local dealer so he could only offer me a refund) I will no longer be able to make any contributions. If somebody comes up with a fix or improvement I will always be open for patches. I would also be happy if anybody steps up in order to take over development.

- direx

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to direx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
I see some repainting issues and instabilities wich end up in hung up device when I launch latest QCPUFreq with KPv49.

Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
I see some repainting issues and instabilities wich end up in hung up device when I launch latest QCPUFreq with KPv49.
Doesn't happen on my n900. What profile are you using?

Since the new, recommended profile 'dsp' isn't found in the QCPUFreq profiles menu and I don't know whether some of the older profiles in KP49 are or are not deprecated (due to the fact they've switched voltages and frequencies a bit), I set the 'dsp' profile manually and then just use Q...q to control the frequency slider.

Haha, by the way apt-get thinks qcpufreq_0.4.4pre-1_armel is a larger version number than the new 0.4.4-1. QCPUFreq didn't even show on the app managers since I had 0.4.4pre-1 installed.

Posts: 131 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Indonesia
i set it to 900mhz, but when i reboot n900 it goes back to 600mhz again, how to lock it to 900mhz?

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Originally Posted by Raimu View Post
Doesn't happen on my n900. What profile are you using?

Since the new, recommended profile 'dsp' isn't found in the QCPUFreq profiles menu and I don't know whether some of the older profiles in KP49 are or are not deprecated (due to the fact they've switched voltages and frequencies a bit), I set the 'dsp' profile manually and then just use Q...q to control the frequency slider.
Finally, after a few attempts with different profiles it's stable again. Thanks.

Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
I made an improved helper script. It has disables SR if freq. > 805Mhz and reenables it when user gets <= 805Mhz
It's attached
EDIT: there's a syntax error in it:
at the end of the line 25 thereshould be
Code:
; then
I'll fix it as soon as I can
Attached Files
File Type: txt QCPUFreq.helper.txt (1.1 KB, 90 views)

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Last edited by marmistrz; 2012-01-18 at 18:49.

Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Updated the mod-script. As SR VDD2 seems very stable (confirmed by freemangordon - link) and with both vdd1 and vdd2 enabled the N900 works all way up to 950 Mhz (at 1000 Mhz crash) here's the improved helper script v1.1
EDIT: in never version it's 900 MHz a max value for SR
What does it do?
1. It enables SR vdd2 if vdd1 enabled
2. it prevents from a crash if too high frequency is used
How to install?
Just do
Code:
sudo gainroot
mv .../QCPUFreq.helper /opt/usr/bin/QCPUFreq.helper
Remember to backup the original QCPUFreq.helper!
Is it tested?
Yeah, it's tested. It works without problems. This should be safe. Nevertheless, you install it on your own risk
Don't forget to make it executable
Code:
sudo chmod +x /opt/usr/bin/QCPUFreq.helper
Download: http://adf.ly/9WYWK

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Last edited by marmistrz; 2013-02-09 at 14:19.