Posts: 176 | Thanked: 262 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Texas, USA
Originally Posted by mooninite View Post
I meant the "default-dsp" profile.

I had the phone reboot again while idle yesterday so that's about 4 days since the last reboot.

My phone will not reboot on the Nokia kernel with SR on.

Before your latest patch, KP would not last more than 48 hours before rebooting. Even on the stock (250-600) speeds. Now it looks like it will last about 4 or 5 days.

It will mostly reboot while idle. I can play 720p files all day and it won't reboot.

I will try stock speeds now and see how long it lasts without a reboot.
Unfortunately the phone still reboots on stock speed and settings with SR on. About 4-5 days inbetween reboots. The phone is idle when it happens with no apps in the background and the screen is off and locked.

I'm going back to the stock Nokia kernel.

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ stockton
ive noticed some battery drain when locking the phone and forgeting about it and about an hour later i unlock it and its droped about 30% but then otherdays the battery barely loses any charge maby 1%

the only thing i can remember is i have just manually disconected from wifi or mobile internet then locked the phone straight away but cant reproduce it

People with battery drain problems with kp49 do this:

First off all make sure you have 'pastebinit' installed (apt-get install pastebinit)

1. Put device in offline mode.
2. Turn off device.
3. Remove battery.
4. Insert battery.
5. Power on.
6. Stay in offline mode.
7. Wait 4 minutes (for device to settle).
8. Run this code as root:

Code:
sleep 10; powertop > ./out; powertop >> ./out; powertop >> ./out
9. Immediately lock the screen and leave it for 5 minutes.
10. Connect to the internet and type in:

Code:
pastebinit ./out
11. Paste URL here.

12. remove kernel-power-settings and do it all over again without KP settings (from step 1).

13. Then enter this:

Code:
dpkg --get-selections | grep -e 'patch|libdig|kernel|power|cam|bat|dsp|' | ./crap & pastebinit ./crap
ps -al > ./procs & dmesg >> ./procs & cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/stats/time_in_states >> ./procs pastebinit ./procs
14. paste URLs here.

15. Also list any hacks/patch/craps you may have installed.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mooninite View Post
Unfortunately the phone still reboots on stock speed and settings with SR on. About 4-5 days inbetween reboots. The phone is idle when it happens with no apps in the background and the screen is off and locked.

I'm going back to the stock Nokia kernel.
Does your phone random reboot without SR (either kernel)?

@vi_
thanks for your suggestions, tomorrow i will try.
My situation is kp49 + dsp libs for 720p and camera-ui hd enabled (using kernel default profile).
No other patches or mods.
I installed dsp libs and camera-ui after the first issues with the DSP FAULTS but nothing has changed.

NOW...
Since about 7 hours i disabled VDD1 setting it to zero into the default profile.
Until now ...no battery drain, media player working and no dsp errors!!!

It would be great if someone with the same problem could apply that change to confirm or not if it is a solution....

Originally Posted by xes View Post
@vi_
thanks for your suggestions, tomorrow i will try.
My situation is kp49 + dsp libs for 720p and camera-ui hd enabled (using kernel default profile).
No other patches or mods.
I installed dsp libs and camera-ui after the first issues with the DSP FAULTS but nothing has changed.

NOW...
Since about 7 hours i disabled VDD1 setting it to zero into the default profile.
Until now ...no battery drain, media player working and no dsp errors!!!

It would be great if someone with the same problem could apply that change to confirm or not if it is a solution....
Does that suggest SR is still a kind of folklore? Some devices can take it while some cannot? Perhaps some kind of 'fudge factor' set in /sys/power/ which is added to SR value. i.e. SR value+fudge factor (1, 2, 3, etc) to accommodate individual pieces of hardware?

We need results in order to conclude anything.

Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
Uninstallation:
Multiboot and overclock support can be uninstalled via Hildon Application Manager or via apt-get. Uninstalling kernel image is possible only via menu entry "Nokia Kernel".
What do you mean by "menu entry"?

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ United Kingdom
it means its in the menu. list of applications.

The Following User Says Thank You to Guyver For This Useful Post:
Hi what is the up to date way to use uboot with kernel 49 stable ?

The Following User Says Thank You to awett For This Useful Post:
I've problem installing boot image for multiboot from Application Manager. It says breaks the 3rd party package policy.
Since I installed nitdroid, it left me unable to boot into v49.

Tags
battery-status, bq27x00_battery, kernel, kernel-power, misiak4king, noobs-cant-read, pali4president, patches, readdirections, revolverspinyou