Active Topics

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if it is possible to remove the map packs that come preloaded with the N9 (Denmark, Estonia, Finland, etc...)? I'm in the US, so I don't have any particular need for them at the moment, yet I can't see anyway to remove them through the "Manage Maps" function. Is there an option somewhere that I'm missing?

Edit: I found out that you can remove them all at once, but is there a way to remove only individual maps?

Last edited by superhyper; 2011-12-05 at 05:38.

The easiest way to do that is to flash your mmc with basic eMMC image. Image name looks like ....VANILLA_EMMC_VANILLA.bin

You can do it very easily in the menu at the same spot, where you can "delete all maps".
-> Just select "update maps" and then you can select the maps that you want to update and all other (unchecked) maps will be deleted.
It is a well made function, but a bit hidden.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blackvester For This Useful Post:
No, it just says that all maps are up to date and does not offer to delete anything.

Unchecked maps should be deleted after checking... Try it...

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Atlanta
Originally Posted by blackvester View Post
You can do it very easily in the menu at the same spot, where you can "delete all maps".
-> Just select "update maps" and then you can select the maps that you want to update and all other (unchecked) maps will be deleted.
It is a well made function, but a bit hidden.
But you still have to download the updated maps (for the USA that is close to 2Gb, so a long time). What would be great if you could just select to delet, but I guess with the way the tiles are loaded/combined in the cities folder that might not be possible.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
i dont know whether this is the right place to ask this but i dont think its worth a new thread:
is there any way to download maps over 3G instead of only WiFi. the system doesn't allow this so is there a way to trick it.

Seems to be an old thread but I cannot find a way to delete some of the maps. There are check marks next to each map but I can't seem to uncheck them, pressing will only open a details page with <country>, 'this map is available for offline use' and the size. The only button is 'back'.

Does anybody know a better way that deleting everything and reinstalling what I need?

Oops, ignore that. Ovi Suite suprisingly can do it