Notices

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by nicolai View Post
The geotagging options aren't preserved after reboot.
I don't know how the stock camera-ui behaves.
I think that's the request... that they be preserved across reboot. Most people don't just causally turn it on and expect it to turn off sometime later because of a reboot. (Though the stock camera-ui behaved just that way, as does your version.)

I personally would like to set it so that by default, any picture I take has geotags enabled, regardless of if I just rebooted or not. Would it be possible to store this in a gconf based value and on camera-ui startup force that value, instead of forcing an "off" value. That would allow the app to normally retain the expected behavior of the original program, and allow those of us that want to force/tweak this to default to always on the ability to do that.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
It looks like the new cssu installs 1.1.29.2+0cssu8 version of camera-ui, so if I reinstall your version (cssu7), I get 'unmet dependencies' error when I try to use apt-get later.
Can somebody make the new package with the same version as the cssu?

Thanks,
Ivan

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ivanrajkovic For This Useful Post:
Is there a menu option for raw files? I see people are using them but how do you enable it.

had a small glitch with latest cssu T1.1 version. opened camera shutter, took one pic, showed result fine. problem was when it went to take the next picture. screen changed back to preview, took another picture, heard a slighty odd noise from camera mechanism and app crashed. reopened app, tried another picture but crashed again. closed camera shutter, reopened and tried again worked fine.

Posts: 1,637 | Thanked: 4,424 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
Is there a menu option for raw files? I see people are using them but how do you enable it.
Keyboard shortcut only.
R/r enable/disable raw image mode (raw files have the
normal image name with .dng extension)

The Following User Says Thank You to nicolai For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Digital Negative as in the Adobe specification?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,637 | Thanked: 4,424 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
I`ll wait for the cssu update with the 720p integrated.Lot`s of steps to do it again from the start.I`ve lost the HD option when I upgraded to the latest CSSU.

Posts: 182 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Netherlands
I am not saying that waiting for a cssu update is a bad idea, but it is not that much work to regain the HD option. This is what I did, and it worked:

as root, cd to the directory where you saved the three files for freemangordon's HD version of camera-ui2, and type
Code:
dpkg -i *
(maybe only reinstalling the camera-ui .deb is sufficient, I did not test)

I suppose that does introduce the 'unmet dependencies' error ivanrajkovic mentioned, but I have not seen that yet.

Posts: 336 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ portugal
@maartenmk
you are correct, from my experience: only have to reinstall camera-ui, introduces the unmet dependencies error, but it works.
still its a bore since there are other programs that require the fix of the unmet dependences, like OMP, so you have to fix it, upgrade the app, and downgrade camera-UI once again...

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:

Tags
camera-ui, fremantle