Active Topics

@wierd0
I am interested in the pics as well. I haven't got my N9 yet, and was waiting for the Screen issue to get resolved in the newer hardware/batch.

I think you'll find you just got lucky. The current generation of AMOLED screens has this side effect.... People with Samsung Galaxy phones have taken them back for repair only to find their new screen has the same issue

....And i've heard now that Samsung are telling Galaxy users that this is a common effect of the screen, and that therefore they won't replace them

Last edited by Dared; 2011-12-09 at 09:12.

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by Dared View Post
The current generation of AMOLED screens has this side effect.... People with Samsung Galaxy phones have taken them back for repair only to find their new screen has the same issue
Which 'issue' are you talking about? There are 3 (maybe 4) issues being discussed in this thread. (None of which is really acceptable; if this is a side effect of the current generation of AMOLEDs, then they're currently selling a faulty batch to device manufacturers.)

Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
Which 'issue' are you talking about? There are 3 (maybe 4) issues being discussed in this thread. (None of which is really acceptable; if this is a side effect of the current generation of AMOLEDs, then they're currently selling a faulty batch to device manufacturers.)
The blotches/spots/lines you can see in a pitch black room, when viewing a dark image. Technical term is mura. I've already posted in this thread about it. Even TVs suffer from this problem

The Following User Says Thank You to Dared For This Useful Post:
----------

Last edited by weird0; 2011-12-13 at 01:50.

Hmmm. Those are the Nokia WH-701 and is the standard headset issued with the N8

Are you sure your store didn't switch them?

Anyways, I also got them, and am actually using with my N9 - if my Philips SHB9000 is too big to carry...

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
What do headphones have to do with this thread?

*EDIT*
NVM read some of the earlier posts.

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-12-09 at 16:03.

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by Dared View Post
The blotches/spots/lines you can see in a pitch black room, when viewing a dark image. Technical term is mura. I've already posted in this thread about it. Even TVs suffer from this problem
Oh. This is hardly noticeable and the least annoying of all these problems.

I upgraded my N9 from PR1.0 to PR1.1, these issue still existed.

That would be great if Nokia release a software update with a newer version of display driver and fixed the screen issues. But I don't think these are software related problems.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Finally got a response from konttori...
He's given me a better contact at Nokia (display side expert).
I will gather-up all the doco'd issues soon & contact him.
If anyone can trawl the thread & summarize them in the the meantime.
That'd be hugely appreciated....

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post: