Active Topics

Posts: 57 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Denmark
Mine is still not updating. Have Visited TMO maybe 30 times over 3 weeks. Has someone reported this bug?

The Following User Says Thank You to MortenS For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MortenS View Post
Mine is still not updating. Have Visited TMO maybe 30 times over 3 weeks. Has someone reported this bug?
Mine seemed to stuck too, so I just deleted (renamed) the db. It will get created again automatically. After that it took many days until I started seeing any sites on the list.

The Following User Says Thank You to Manatus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
There's an application in the Nokia store now that allows to manipulate the top sites:

MyTopSites,
http://store.ovi.com/content/225055

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
There's an application in the Nokia store now that allows to manipulate the top sites:

MyTopSites,
http://store.ovi.com/content/225055
Nice, but at the same time this makes me sad.

"There is an app for that".

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to OVK For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
^ def. should just be integrated into browser.
enhancement request in bug-tracker folks

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
I managed to make changes for that file (url_history.db), but how to copy it to that folder home/user/.grob ? ... I tried by File Manager and through terminal too ... but "can not copy because it exists" - does it needs some rights ? .. I want use my own ...

Posts: 359 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Budapest
It seems broken to me... the whole point of this functionality is that it tracks your most visited sites for you so you don't have to think/worry about it. If you have to manually edit the sites (or worse, download another app to do that) and think about which sites you visit most often... well, that defeats the purpose of it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to noetus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by noetus View Post
It seems broken to me... the whole point of this functionality is that it tracks your most visited sites for you so you don't have to think/worry about it. If you have to manually edit the sites (or worse, download another app to do that) and think about which sites you visit most often... well, that defeats the purpose of it.
thanks, I understand what you are telling me, but I still prefer to modify it, so I can use just my own editable one .... well, it seems that someone has done it, but I failed to replace an original one, so that it will be really in use by browser ...

EDIT: it seems to be easy to do once I understood what I was really doing - is it surprise ? ... SQLite + Filebox is all what you need to change it and to make it look nice, at least what you like

Last edited by jaripi; 2011-12-18 at 21:44.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by noetus View Post
Agreed, bug report desperately needs to be lodged (if not already).*
And a enhancement request submitted, so the app mentioned a few posts up, is redundant.
There's def. some advantages to being able to manually edit, as mentioned in earlier posts.
But it'd be far nicer if it could all be integrated into the browser UI...

*I would but it's not ideal, given I still don't have my N9....

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-12-18 at 17:51.

Posts: 97 | Thanked: 157 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Germany
I hope it's ok to bring up this old thread but I have some further questions regarding the "Top Sites".

First of all, editing the database or using the App "MyTopSites" does work - I can edit the Top Site entries specifically.
Now what I try to do is to replace the default Nokia bookmarks that get restoree after deleting the browser history. Because these bookmarks get restored even when I delete them via MyTopSites before (or directly in the database) I think there must be a place where these sites are stored (hopefully it's not hard-wired some where internally).
Also these bookmarks have some special features that cannot be used when manually editing the bookmarks. For example in a single default bookmark various words/parts can have different stylings (the Word "Nokia" is in dark blue and bold; "Environment" in dark green, "Conversations" in gray). With MyTopSites you can only define the font color and the background color for the entire entry.

So does anybody has a clue where these special features are hidden or whether it's possible to supply you own "default" bookmarks that get restored after deleting the browser history instead of those from Nokia?

EDIT: I just found out that when you set the "hasIcon" field to 0 (false) in one of the default Nokia bookmarks entry in the database the bookmarks will be styled normally (according to the supplied font color and background color). So this "hasIcon" field must be a hint for the browser to look in another place for the entry's styling. Maybe this helps a little.

Last edited by The Best Isaac; 2012-10-04 at 15:38.

The Following User Says Thank You to The Best Isaac For This Useful Post: