Active Topics

Posts: 57 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by mdn View Post
Hi,

I read this topic, as I understand - you have setted up Track & Protect some time ago? When you are doing it, it requires you to set up a security code at least twice, so even if you pressed 'Cancel' on 1st request - another one was shown (if security code does not exist yet on the device). I heard that even more requests might be done if continue to cancel them, perhaps, 3-4.

It is needed for Track & Protect as it is impossible to lock the device remotely if it is impossible to unlock it.

So most probably your security code already exists on the device at that time, after T&P activation.

Another possibility - somebody played with your device even before and at Settings - Security - Devicelock - Security code - entered something. As no other option was changed (as Autolock) - you did not see such change.
Hi mdn - and thanks for your clarification.

I did set up a T&P account some months ago, and I did remember the pin - there was no question about it, because I used it to login to T&P's site online. I tried that code on the phone, - but with no luck either.

I can tell you that I also tried the T&P locate, lock (not wipe!) from their site - and although I know the service sent my phone an sms with the commands (I know because I tried it with my SIM-card in another phone) there was no reaction on that by the N9 either.

My idea was that if I could lock it from T&P's homepage, I might also be able to unlock it - but no such luck.

Btw I had PR 1.1 installed...

I think the problem has actually got something to do with the Mail for Exchange, since it happened right after I changed my MfE server. Therefore I posted in this thread, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...91#post1138391 to make Sergey aware of the problem, as suggested by Jalyst a little further up...

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
3) There is no any small length limit for security code, so it can be qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm... Twice or triple. Even 200 characters are ok.

5) Devicelock 'Numpad' view is a standard feature available on any N9, just enter lock code which contains numbers (0123456789) only (locked device will look similar to PIN query, for example).
It is not possible to switch to full VKB qwerty mode as it is not needed here.
Hi mdn,
just for curiosity. The above mentioned input methods do not match, or? Once alphanumeric and once numeric. The device lock requires the input of security code. Or did I get something wrong; and you meant the MfE or T/P password input?

Posts: 301 | Thanked: 227 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Turkey
Well I can't understand why this issue is such a blocker for N9 users. It happened to me once on my N950, but on N9 you can easily get your security code back, by using Nemesis Service Suite. (Section 308 Key 5) It somehow doesn't work for N950, but I can confirm it myself it works on N9.

Then you can set your device "non provisionable" on MfE and disable devicelock timeout.
Maintaining: Audelicious | xmp

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aranel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 12 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Tampere Finland
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Once alphanumeric and once numeric. The device lock requires the input of security code.
Devicelock on N9 has 2 different UIs:
1) with own 'Numpad' like PIN query
2) with VKB.
It is not possible to switch between them when device is locked.

Originally Posted by Aranel View Post
It somehow doesn't work for N950, but I can confirm it myself it works on N9.
It does not work on my N9 at least.

The Following User Says Thank You to mdn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Devicelock on N9 has 2 different UIs:
1) with own 'Numpad' like PIN query
2) with VKB.
It is not possible to switch between them when device is locked.
Hi mdn,
I do not own a N9 (and probably never will). So pls excuse me for asking such "dumb" question again.
You have two different UIs, thats understood. But:
one is alphanumeric VKB (when you enter/confirm the security code)
and the other is numeric-only numpad (when you have to unlock).
This is quite confusing/annoying/buggy...

Hi mdn,
I do not own a N9 (and probably never will). So pls excuse me for asking such "dumb" question again.
You have two different UIs, thats understood. But:
Hi Peter,

I can only speak on my own behalf. The option I had when my N9 was security locked was purely numerical. I am also a little puzzled if someone has seen something else...

So ... I assume you got the N950? Otherwise you are really a fan, I guess

Well I can't understand why this issue is such a blocker for N9 users. It happened to me once on my N950, but on N9 you can easily get your security code back, by using Nemesis Service Suite. (Section 308 Key 5) It somehow doesn't work for N950, but I can confirm it myself it works on N9.

Then you can set your device "non provisionable" on MfE and disable devicelock timeout.
Hi Aranel,

I wish I had known that a couple of days ago... But you must also take into consideration that whats easy for some (developers for example) might not be so easy for others (normal users)...

I was told that there was another program called Phoenix, earlier in this thread. But it seemed to me like some kind of piracy sw, that was only shared on PtP basis. You'd apparently have to download some hacked version, and who knows what you get then.. I could be wrong, but thats what I found out...

But:
No, there is numeric-only numpad just in case if you have entered numeric only password by a full VKB. If you have entered not numeric-only password - there will be a full VKB.

The only problem here is that it is not clear for anybody that he is able to enter '12345' (for example) in most cases as a security code, and it will be much easier to unlock the device.

but on N9 you can easily get your security code back, by using Nemesis Service Suite. (Section 308 Key 5) It somehow doesn't work for N950, but I can confirm it myself it works on N9.
Please could you clarify, what exactly can you confirm? That NSS works somehow with N9 - or that you have been able to get a device lock code?

I tried on different devices - and everywhere just a standard "12345" is an output. It seems it has no any relation to the N9's lock code.

If you really saw something else - could you answer what exactly?