Active Topics

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 189 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
Uninstall QBW and see if it persists.
I hadn't it installed, so I tried to install and then remove it to see what happens.

I'll say if it worked.

Originally Posted by Au{R}oN View Post
i have the same problem, but it's very rare, and i think it's random, i'm unable to reproduce it. anyway, there no need to reboot the phone. just, press the Power On button and choose "terminate application"
Well that is good to know. It really annoying having to reboot
Just using terminate application is much much better!

Originally Posted by Au{R}oN View Post
no need to reboot the phone. just, press the Power On button and choose "terminate application"
Meant to say this but obviously forgot. Sorry.

All the same, it would be good to "rescue" an application that's produced a wayward dialogue. The "phone" application is fairly central to the N900 so it's pretty crucial to get it woorking 100%.

On a related matter (phone), is the problem of the standard earpones not being reliably recognised on plugging in, and rarely as a 2-way at all, a software or hardware fault?
- if software, can it be resolved with the CSSU?

Originally Posted by pali View Post
For all who want to see packet injection driver in kernel-power without extremly battery draining see post: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=4238

Here is patch for osso-wlan which should fix battery draining with packet injection drivers. Osso-wlan is part of maemo system, so only way how to upgrade this pakage is via CSSU.

Please test that version *without* kernel-power and injection drivers if it works without problems on system with stock kernel.

See also joerg_rw post: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=4239
FWIW, Been running this fine for weeks now, but WITH kernel-power (mostly) because I'm using some ext4 partitions.

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 189 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by Temporal View Post
I hadn't it installed, so I tried to install and then remove it to see what happens.

I'll say if it worked.
It didn't. Still happening as frequently as before |:/

The Following User Says Thank You to Temporal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
Originally Posted by Temporal View Post
It didn't. Still happening as frequently as before |:/
can you give us at least 5 apps/program you have install to your device before this problem appear???

Originally Posted by pali View Post
For all who want to see packet injection driver in kernel-power without extremly battery draining see post: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=4238

Here is patch for osso-wlan which should fix battery draining with packet injection drivers. Osso-wlan is part of maemo system, so only way how to upgrade this pakage is via CSSU.

Please test that version *without* kernel-power and injection drivers if it works without problems on system with stock kernel.

See also joerg_rw post: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=4239
Seems that there is a lack of testers on this?

But isn't the reason for the separation between CSSU Testing and Stable to allow pushing these changes out to testers?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to octagonhead For This Useful Post:
just to chip in on dialogue issue, i've had a slightly different issue using stock and cssu in web browser. sometimes i get a page not responding dialog appear but clicking yes or no does nothing. sometimes i can get back to task manager with ctrl+bs, sometimes not. sometimes you can close app or end current task, sometimes not. you can also close the app but the dialogue box gets left behind, for a fate of eternal button clicking..

apologies for the "sometimes", just illustrates how completely random it is. there is another issue whereby a page can be left open in background for days with no problems, then after switching to it and away again results in a browserd process causing high battery drain/cpu usage. its not flash, happens if site has pictures or just plain .txt files.

is there a way to set the delay time from the moment that the device's rotation changes until the desktop rotation is actually being triggered?

When the device's rotation changes for just 1-2 seconds (when i connect the car charger for example) i do not want it to be enough time to trigger the screen rotation.

If there are several applications running, the rotation might take a long time (sometimes more than a minute) and there are many cases that it is not needed at all (such as the case of connecting the car charger).

in my case - setting a delay of 3 seconds could have been perfect.

Originally Posted by impeham View Post
If there are several applications running, the rotation might take a long time (sometimes more than a minute)
WTF? Never got so much delay in rotation, even @ 100% CPU usage (by some thing like aircrack-ng) and swap in use.

Anyway, customizable "time trigger" for rotation is nice idea. Even if rotation is happening quickly, it's quite annoying to trigger it accidentally by turning device (for fraction of second) inside "rotating" trigger zone.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:

Tags
cssu testing