Posts: 4 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Budapest
Hi,

After a few days of being an N9 owner ( ) I found some incoming and outgoing calls (on recent calls list) in their pure numeric form so they were not matched against the phonebook's database although there were such entries.

I've found out that these entries have in common that the unmatched data are not editable (nor removable) -- they are disabled while editing.

Is there any way to change them to editable / removable? Has anyone encountered with this issue? Is there any tool to "straighten" my phonebook's database? Am I missing something basic?

Some extra info that should be useful:
  • I had synced my contacts from my (old) N900 over bluetooth,
  • I removed that specific sync entry from N9 (to prevent overwrites by "accident"),
  • I'm able to add the (exact) same information to such entries that apparently solves this issue -- but that seems a bit awkward to me having such duplicates and probably would take hours/days to clear all the data,
  • There are contact items with "ghost" email addresses and IM properties too,
  • I've found nothing about this neither on maemo.org nor with google...

Thanks in advance, Bence

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 116 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki
Could these entries be such that have been synchronized to your contacts from for example some IM client, like skype?

For email addresses, it could be, but I can not fetch manually any of the phone numbers involved through gmail / IM-services. ((Is there any way to determine the source for a piece of data?)) I suspected that generated or synchronized data are handled by such but I'm used to N900's behaviour -- you can edit what you have.

Besides editing and removing, the basis for this issue remains: why doesn't the phone match synchronized data against call lists?

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Not an answer....
But this is the official Nokia dev thread for the area of functionality you're inquiring about.
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=79023&page=16

Abustany's been quiet in the last few wks, but it is the time of year for that.
It may have already been answered so before asking, try & search 1st.
And you may have to bump a few times, or wait for quite a while.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Thank you for pointing out this thread, I'll move my question(s).

The Following User Says Thank You to gbence For This Useful Post: