Active Topics

Notices

I don't have the expertise to write programs, but I love my n800 and often think that there ought to be a program that.......

1. The Clock- My idea would be a clock that is full screen and gives you the option to stay on bright, switch to dim and stay on dim (would be great bedside) or switch to dark screen. Also, an alarm feature that would use the MP3 or playlist of your choice as the alarm.

2. The Webcam- Simple really. Start the program and it will act as an internet webcam (using the built-in camera, of course.) It will display the ip address it is using and offer the option of password protected viewing.

Shoot, I know there was a third but at my advanced age of 46 I often forget things. It'll come to me.

Feel free to add your wish list for programs or suggestions to the ones I mentioned.

And, if you are about to post that this has already been posted somewhere else at some point in time....go have a Christmas cookie.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
We already have a thread for application requests. It's over here.

Your Christmas cookie is calling from the kitchen.

Anyway, I thought of my other app.

Recordit. Basically, would record whatever is playing on your tablet. ie, if you are streaming music, you could capture it sort of like Replay Music.

Originally Posted by shacky4 View Post
Your Christmas cookie is calling from the kitchen.
Seriously, nobody appreciates the thread spam and it's driving the signal to noise ratio of this forum through the roof. Try not to be a jerk and contribute to it any further.

Thanks, you certainly have a way to make folks feel welcome.

Merry Christmas!

Originally Posted by shacky4 View Post
Thanks, you certainly have a way to make folks feel welcome.
It's really very simple. When you do rude things, expect rude responses.

Somehow, you figured that cluttering up the forum with more of the same when there's already a very healthy topic on exactly the subject you've brought up here was a good idea. Why do you feel the need to fragment the discussion into two separate, yet identical threads? Do you feel that your particular contributions are somehow much more important than everybody else's?

If you had done the right thing in the first place and posted in the first thread or, assuming ignorance, moved your discussion there after its pressence was indicated to you then there wouldn't be a problem. But you act like you're in the right here, but you're not.

Look, I don't like being unpleasant to people, but I'm tired of watching the slow descent here as people just go and do whatever the hell they want, regardless of the basic ettiquet of the community. Perhaps you've just been caught in a bit of the crossfire, you don't have bad ideas here, but it's really not necessary to start a new thread when there's already a healthy, active, useful one around.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Seriously, what we need are cops in every thread, to watch every sentence!! Where did the Internet go after all these years without cops everywhere!!

As you will no doubt be aware, the plans for development of the outlying regions of the Galaxy require the building of a hyperspatial express route through your star system, and regrettably your planet is one of those scheduled for demolition. The process will take slightly less than two of your Earth minutes.

There’s no point acting all surprised about it. All the planning charts and demolition orders have been on display in your local planning department in Alpha Centauri for fifty of your Earth years, so you’ve had plenty of time to lodge any formal complaint and it’s far too late to start making a fuss about it now.

Posts: 574 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ BC, Canada
geneven, I don't know about you but I have an interest in about 80-90% of the topics I see on this forum so I read nearly every post. And I'm getting pretty tired of reading the same thing over and over because people didn't look for an answer or look for an existing thread before they post.

So if this continues, somebody is going to get fed up and leave. It will be either the people that don't have the courtesy to read before they post, or the people who DO read before they post and who are tired of the duplication. And let me remind you that people who don't read are seldom able to help others. So which way do you want it?

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Lafayette, LA
I see the "General" is at it again.