Poll: Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?
Poll Options
Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?

Posts: 1,238 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
Originally Posted by klarkent View Post
replace $ (int_card)p5 with "mmcblk0p5"
changed it and now it starts to load it but gives guru mediation error on "loading module ext3" any help please as i dont want to reinstall nitdroid on my gprs connection which sucks.

Originally Posted by panjgoori View Post
changed it and now it starts to load it but gives guru mediation error on "loading module ext3" any help please as i dont want to reinstall nitdroid on my gprs connection which sucks.
are you sure that nitdroid is installed on mmcblk0p5 and not in mmcblk0p2?
mine is installed in mmcblk0p2!

The Following User Says Thank You to klarkent For This Useful Post:
Posts: 353 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ India
change it to mmcblk0p2 ... you guys should not really install NITDroid if you guys cant experiment even this much..

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to arora.rohan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
I need help.
Can anyone install NITDroid on a new partition as described in the wiki?
For some odd reasons, NITDroid stops recognizing /MyDocs as the sdcard if you install it that way

Originally Posted by arora.rohan View Post
change it to mmcblk0p2 ... you guys should not really install NITDroid if you guys cant experiment even this much..
thanks for ur help. changed it to mmcblk0p2 and it worked. i love to play with N900 thats why i bought it. playing with it is fun

Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
Originally Posted by ammyt View Post
I need help.
For some odd reasons, NITDroid stops recognizing /MyDocs as the sdcard if you install it that way
Any one in here?

The Following User Says Thank You to ammyt For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ammyt View Post
I need help.
Mmmm.I install Nitdroid on sdcard class 10. No such a problem. I Can't find a reason why that happens to you.

As I know so far to Change this setting from maemo you have to edit vold.fstab in system/etc.

can anybody tell me why superuser is not working in ICS ?everything looks fine and working great. how to fix the superuser thing as its not giving any app root access.

Posts: 63 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Stockholm, SW
Hi..

I am not writing this as: my first problem encountered - and i run to you for help.

I've run Vostok successfully for many days..
I wished to upgrade to UMay. It did not work, so i reflashed to combined and Vanilla (fayad's 5gb partition scheme) - it worked fantastically.

I had rootfs & Optfs backups, i backed'em up. Reinstalled UMay directly with 'final1' kernel.. and multiboot with backupmenu patched for multiboot (again as per mido.fayad's instructions). Everything crashed again.

I'm now trying to reinstall UMay. I've restored my rootfs and Optfs again.. this must work. I may be missing something here and your help will be really great. Can you also tell me if the 'nitdroid-installer' is absolutely necessary..? I've kexec, mtd-utils, and lots of other dependencies already well installed.

I always get the 'can't flash kernel' with the power-kernel (OC : 250~850) and 'mmcblk0p5 missing - nothing in /etc/fstab' with the NITDroid kernel.. as errors.

Please. Help.

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
Originally Posted by stryker9 View Post
Hi..

I am not writing this as: my first problem encountered - and i run to you for help.

I've run Vostok successfully for many days..
I wished to upgrade to UMay. It did not work, so i reflashed to combined and Vanilla (fayad's 5gb partition scheme) - it worked fantastically.

I had rootfs & Optfs backups, i backed'em up. Reinstalled UMay directly with 'final1' kernel.. and multiboot with backupmenu patched for multiboot (again as per mido.fayad's instructions). Everything crashed again.

I'm now trying to reinstall UMay. I've restored my rootfs and Optfs again.. this must work. I may be missing something here and your help will be really great. Can you also tell me if the 'nitdroid-installer' is absolutely necessary..? I've kexec, mtd-utils, and lots of other dependencies already well installed.

I always get the 'can't flash kernel' with the power-kernel (OC : 250~850) and 'mmcblk0p5 missing - nothing in /etc/fstab' with the NITDroid kernel.. as errors.

Please. Help.
i used auto installer for make multiboot, after that i do manually,
root
cd /home/user/MyDocs
bzip2 -d N12_Umay.tar.bz2
cd /
mount /home /and
cd /and
tar xvf /home/user/MyDocs/N12_Umay.tar

dpkg -i /home/user/MyDocs/ur nitdroid kernel
leafpad /etc/multiboot.d/11*

change ur device item to mmcblk1p2