Originally Posted by mmaadx View Post
I think i might have narrowed down the issue to the optional osso patch thats causing the issue. I'm still testing but i'll look into this further and let you guys know my results.

yea its the optional osso dep thats causing some conflicts, i just reflashed and re-installed everything minus that and all is well, no reboot loop and everything is working fine.

The OP might want to add a warning at the top of the tutorial about this.

Not sure if there is a way to remove that. It's ashame that the flasher source code isn't available. After having to flash about 5 times i've got one hell of a sore neck.

The Following User Says Thank You to anyonebutthis For This Useful Post:
3. from attached libgstdsp.zip copy libgstdsp.so to your n900 /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstdsp.so
can u plz tell me this step in detail i installed all .deb files but there is no change i think i am not done with this step plz help

Posts: 185 | Thanked: 111 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Mexico DF, Mexico
Originally Posted by sandymahrok View Post
3. from attached libgstdsp.zip copy libgstdsp.so to your n900 /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstdsp.so
can u plz tell me this step in detail i installed all .deb files but there is no change i think i am not done with this step plz help
Go to terminal, browse to the directroy where you put libgstdsp.zip and type

Code:
unzip libgstdsp.zip 
sudo gainroot
cp libgstdsp.so /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/
Disclaimer: If you don't know what are you doing, maybe you shouldn't be testing this kind of experimental stuff... If your phone stops working or kills your dog, don't blame nobody around, ok? Good luck!
N900 registered as Linux Machine # 426325

Last edited by strange1712; 2012-01-02 at 08:21.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to strange1712 For This Useful Post:
strange1712 thanks alot its working

Posts: 202 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ France 55
So we can't play vids taken with iphone 4 ?
And the vidéo output (with cable) don't play some of the vids i recorded in 720p . Is it a bug ?
Thank you for this.

The Following User Says Thank You to turbovomit For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by turbovomit View Post
So we can't play vids taken with iphone 4 ?
Why is that?

And the vidéo output (with cable) don't play some of the vids i recorded in 720p . Is it a bug ?
Thank you for this.
For now you can't play any 720p on TV-out, the maximum supported resolution (I repeat "for now") is something near 1024x960 (or similar)

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Hello all and first of all, happy new year!!

Also, my compliments to everyone, specially freemangordon, for the efforts made to get the most from the n900.

I'm very disappointed by the video recording part of this machine. I previously have had a N95, and a 5800, and the video recording quality from the older to the newer.

So I've been testing several things to improve that.

And now I'm testing this 720p video recording.

I'd like to ask if the chips used by the phone could make this hack to work or not.

I ask this because I've tested the 720p hack in many of its iterations, working togheter with DSP overclocking, trackerd configuration, but the results are always the same: I can't record in 720p, nor any other resolution, and video playback breaks.

When I roll back to the standard set of libraries and files, everything goes back to normal (well, in the first versions, I had to reflash a couple of times).

So I'm starting to think that maybe my very own N900 doesn't allow this.

I'm sorry for not to provide exact information about versions or dates of files used, but think of always the latest.

So my question is that: can this have anything to do with the hardware?

Thanks and keep the good job.

freemangordon it is not playing 480p flv properly dont no why and not play mkv 720p.

Last edited by sandymahrok; 2012-01-02 at 17:30.

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by sandymahrok View Post
freemangordon it is not playing 480p flv properly dont no why and not play mkv 720p.
You are not helpful at all. Not even in your issue descriptions. Please try harder.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Why is that?

For now you can't play any 720p on TV-out, the maximum supported resolution (I repeat "for now") is something near 1024x960 (or similar)
Freemangordon again, thanks for your work.

THeres something new about the recording bitrate? thanks

Tags
balls, gpl violation, hackjobs, lgpl violation, nokia, upgrade..., video player