my FAM is not working, cnt install any application
there is an unmet dependencies and it ask me to do a apt-get -f install.
this is wat happen when i did it on x-terminal
Attached Images

sry if i put this post in the wrong place

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
The error states that one file from the package is already on your N900, apt-get is always configured to not overwrite files, which are part of another package. You have to delete the offending package first to get the experimental stuff installed.
I hope you fully know about the consequences about installing packages that even the package maintainer considers as being 'experimental'...

Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Try this:

sudo apt-get remove libwrt-experimental1

OR

sudo apt-get remove libwrt1

MAKE SURE YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING!
Those commands ain't equal!

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following User Says Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
Try this:

sudo apt-get remove libwrt-experimental1

OR

sudo apt-get remove libwrt1

MAKE SURE YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING!
Those commands ain't equal!
i tried to remove libwrt1, but it is depended by another package 'wrt' should i remove 'wrt' package?

Originally Posted by michaaa62 View Post
The error states that one file from the package is already on your N900, apt-get is always configured to not overwrite files, which are part of another package. You have to delete the offending package first to get the experimental stuff installed.
I hope you fully know about the consequences about installing packages that even the package maintainer considers as being 'experimental'...
is there another way to make my FAM or using x-terminal to install app working, currently only HAM is the only one still working

Forcing might help, though not recommended. Make sure you know which package to reinstall if something goes wrong (or BackupMenu your **** and experiment)

after i tried dpkg -r libwrt-api-experimental1 from another post, a new package problem arise but i am able to install app from FAM again.
Attached Images

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
xterm as root: 'mkdir /usr/share/doc/libgtkhtml2-0 && dpkg --configure -a'

It's a very common issue with non-existant folders, becaus all documentation is usually purged during package installation (for rootfs space reasons) and the optification process then complains later.