Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 150 | Thanked: 169 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Sweden
I installed this on my kp49/CSSU-testing N900 a few days back. The program is great, and by far the best Youtube client; however I started seeing significant battery drain in idle. The included battery graph displays my idle battery consumption before and after installing cuteTube-CML. After uninstalling, I was back to the same consumption as I had before the installation. During the time I had cuteTube-QML installed, I made no other changes to the phone.

marxian, I don't mean to discourage you or post something negative just for the sake of it, and maybe this has to do with something else that is out of your hands. I just wanted to bring it to your attention, and see if you or anyone else can speculate as to the reason. I do appreciate all of you who still program for the N900, so keep up the good work!
Attached Images

how do i get the normal media player to detect the downloaded audio's so they play with my mp3's when i am listening to music. as i can only do it with the cutetube at mo

Originally Posted by mrbudgie View Post
how do i get the normal media player to detect the downloaded audio's so they play with my mp3's when i am listening to music. as i can only do it with the cutetube at mo
Change 'Download location' in settings to '/home/user/MyDocs/'! Media Player will detects them.

The Following User Says Thank You to AWasisto For This Useful Post:
Posts: 169 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Spain
Originally Posted by mrbudgie View Post
You could also install tracker-cfg and change the locations the tracker indexes. The stock media player only "sees" those locations tracked by the tracker.

The Following User Says Thank You to jpala16 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Version 1.2.0 should be available from extras-devel soon.

Changelog:

* Removed vimeo access.
* Redesigned UI to better fit Hildon style.
* Moved all settings to QSettings.
* Moved database code to C++.
* Archive now uses QtGallery to detect audio/video files.
* Thumbnails for archived videos are now stored locally.
* Added a number of new features to both YouTube and Dailymotion access.
* User-added translations are now detected in settings.

Some screenshots:

All existing settings will be lost when installing this update. Due to the size of the changes, existing translations are also removed. However, it is now possible to add your own translation without waiting for the update to arrive. Any .qm files will be detected and the languages will be presented in the settings screen. The location for translation files is

Code:
/opt/qmltube/qml/qmltube/i18n/
The archive folder is set to

Code:
/home/user/MyDocs/cuteTube-QML/
by default, but you can change it to your existing archive directory and all audio/video files will appear. However, the thumbnails will be missing (due to the switch to local storage).

EDIT: It didn't get past the autobuilder. I don't really have time to debug right now, so if you wan't to install it in the meantime, you can get the .deb package from http://ubuntuone.com/5VJb9Uuw6YqYSdK6DbCuSc

My website

GitHub

Last edited by marxian; 2012-01-04 at 04:31.

The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
* Redesigned UI to better fit Hildon style.
From the screenshots it looks like it's running in non-fullscreen mode with the normal Hildon taskbar etc., including a proper top-right Back button, which would be great. Is that how it's working, or have you recreated a lookalike UI in your own code?

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by pelago View Post
From the screenshots it looks like it's running in non-fullscreen mode with the normal Hildon taskbar etc., including a proper top-right Back button, which would be great. Is that how it's working, or have you recreated a lookalike UI in your own code?
It's a lookalike. Clicking on the status area has no effect, as I do not know of a way to programmatically raise the Hildon status menu. I was hoping for a dbus method, but there doesn't seem to be one.

My website

GitHub

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
It's a lookalike. Clicking on the status area has no effect, as I do not know of a way to programmatically raise the Hildon status menu. I was hoping for a dbus method, but there doesn't seem to be one.
marxian, I was talking about this with freemangodon a few days ago. This is the kind of stuff that could be implemented at CSSU level.
Salu2

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to inean For This Useful Post:
Posts: 10 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on May 2011 @ rio de janeiro, brazil
I allowed the update from app mannager a few hours ago not imagining I could experience any problems (since the app itself is just great and allways worked smoothly).
The thing is: at first I noticed my symbian-anna icon was gone and replaced by "a little tv" one (a minor issue, actually); then I clicked it and the app seems to start and goes to an all black crash screen. Simply does not work anymore. (BTW: my n900 runs power kernel v47).
Any thoughts? I just didn't want to go back to Y tube, since I got used to cute tube (a really great app, I repeat).
Thanks in advance.
EDIT: I went X-terminal and typed "/opt/usr/bin/qmltube" and the result was "not found". The cute tube icon appears on my menu grid and the app shows on my "installed apps" list in the app mannager

Last edited by brunops1; 2012-01-06 at 05:54. Reason: adding new information

Posts: 146 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ philly
how can i download just the audio part of a video, like in the previous version?

The Following User Says Thank You to anim1 For This Useful Post:

Tags
cutetube, marxian = god, marxian legend, son of a gun, son of douche, son of fail, son of god, youtube