Notices

Originally Posted by alextootchie View Post
Help! The new version doesn't work, only a black screen appears!
Same issue here too!

Originally Posted by marxian View Post
I am using a different site for authentication now, so that may not be a problem. However, you can bypass the content blocking by changing the access point name of your 3 UK internet connection to 3internet. You will then be able to access any sites you choose.

Ok thanks, upgraded it and works well, no black screen issues (using CSSU)

and WOW! my connection is so much faster now, thanks for this information!

Thanks for the new version marxian. Works great and looks cool too.

The new version does not work on my N900. After the start it opens only a black screen. I do not have CSSU!!!

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Jamaica
Are you signed in to a YouTube account? If a user is signed in, the access token is passed (for authentication) whenever cuteTube requests a video feed (including search), and this seems to cause problems for users that are signed in to a YouTube account that is not linked to their Google account. It think the previous version only passed the access token when accessing uploads, favourites etc.
how do i sign out? whenever I try to sign out I keep getting
unable to revoke access to your youtube account

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by mrwormp View Post
how do i sign out? whenever I try to sign out I keep getting
unable to revoke access to your youtube account
I can reproduce that. I guess I forgot to test signing out. There should be update over the weekend, so I'll fix it for that. In the meantime, you can delete the access token from the config file at

Code:
/home/user/.config/cuteTube-QML/cuteTube-QML.conf

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
OK, I'll remove the battery indicator for the next update and probably flash my device back to stock Maemo5 to avoid similar problems in future.

My website

GitHub

Posts: 336 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ portugal
Can you provide a link to one of those videos. Any videos that use RTMPE encrypted streams (mostly VOD from TV broadcasters) will not play.
hi marxian..i was really looking forward to be usefull in this thread and to solve this issue...unfortunately i do not know how can i do it..fact is that this skipping problem happens to me frequently but if i am trying to open a specific video anmd its skipped..if i reboot and try again it opens..so its not related to the video itself...anyway many times i try to play a video and its skipped..i go to internet to youtube site and the same video plays flawlessly..thats the only report i can give you..hope it helps

Posts: 476 | Thanked: 438 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Sweden
Thansk for the new update, very nice

Last edited by robin92; 2012-01-07 at 09:43.

Originally Posted by ed_boner View Post
hi marxian..i was really looking forward to be usefull in this thread and to solve this issue...unfortunately i do not know how can i do it..fact is that this skipping problem happens to me frequently but if i am trying to open a specific video anmd its skipped..if i reboot and try again it opens..so its not related to the video itself...anyway many times i try to play a video and its skipped..i go to internet to youtube site and the same video plays flawlessly..thats the only report i can give you..hope it helps
The video is skipped only if gstreamer reports an error. It could be that the particular error that occurs in your case can be safely ignored. Please try launching the application from the terminal. Any errors should be visible in the terminal output. You may also try choosing a different media player in the settings.

My website

GitHub

Tags
cutetube, marxian = god, marxian legend, son of a gun, son of douche, son of fail, son of god, youtube