Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
Someone told that in this case you'll have go the dpkg route, as HAM won't install packages that don't sit in 'user' category.
Got it.... done Will reboot and run it through some tests. Thx. for the quick help.

Nicolai!!!!

You are a genius. Would you mind sharing what exactly you did? Is it a modification on existing files? Being selfish I was wondering if there was a way to go back and fix old files.

I'll post two files. One is the from JPG and the other is from the raw. When I did the same test perviously your face was just about all black.

Anyways, thanks for the quick fix/turnaround.
Attached Images

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to geohsia For This Useful Post:
I applied levels on both because the JPG was underexposed and the DNG was overexposed (because of Cornerfix). I applied a bit of WB to both and a bit of contrast to the DNG. I wanted to show what you can do now that the files look superawesome!

The first file on the previous post is the DNG with Cornerfix. The second file is the JPG. I named them accordingly so if you dnld that's fine. I am trying to upload full sized images but I think they're getting compressed anyways full sized files are available if needed.
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geohsia For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,637 | Thanked: 4,424 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany
Nice images

I just set the black-level value to zero. This can not be right. Maybe,
this value is now wrong for images taken at sunny light.
I need some way to determine the correct value, depending
on lightning conditions(?).

Anyway, you can even change the value for existing images with exiftool

exiftool -BlackLevel="0 0 0 0" IMAGE_FILE

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nicolai For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nicolai View Post
Nice images
Haha. Well, it's night time here in Taiwan and I needed something with a light source where I can show detail and dynamic range. The monitor is my easy solution.

Notice though in the full size your avatar is in the extreme corner where it has historically been near impossible to get the color right. Nicely done sir!

I just set the black-level value to zero. This can not be right. Maybe,
I don't know what this means for the overall file but it looks good to me. I will test this out more tomorrow and see what happens.

this value is now wrong for images taken at sunny light.
I need some way to determine the correct value, depending
on lightning conditions(?).
Do you mean outdoor scenes will be overexposed?

Anyway, you can even change the value for existing images with exiftool

exiftool -BlackLevel="0 0 0 0" IMAGE_FILE
Ooh nice. This is going to keep me busy for days... I have lots of old files stored....

Anyone know how to write a batch script in Windows. Thx.

Last edited by geohsia; 2012-01-08 at 17:06.

The Following User Says Thank You to geohsia For This Useful Post:
Confirming above results. It's a night time here in Poland, so I'll test more tomorrow (although, considering weather, don't expect Sunny Day photos ). Thanks Nicolai for reacting so fast, and caring at all!

BTW, any chances for test version, that also contains 720p video recording? Of course I'm not complaining - but it's a little under-productive, to reinstall version every time I want to get nice RAW photos or 720p video.

And, considering current problems with getting *any* response from MAG, we would probably wait a 'little', until next CSSU-testing appears. Unless merlin will be given extra fast maintainership approval from X-Fade, which, as we know too well (judging on kernel-power repository bug history), may also take a looong time.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
So Hey Nicolai. Are you planning on doing anything with RAW on the N9? Just curious. I'm still hoping to get my hands on a white one....

Originally Posted by geohsia View Post
So Hey Nicolai. Are you planning on doing anything with RAW on the N9? Just curious. I'm still hoping to get my hands on a white one....
Off-topic:
A big NO for the god's sake!
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Off-topic:
A big NO for the god's sake!
What's wrong with wanting RAW on the N9? Given how well the N900 RAW is turning out the N9 would be even better wouldn't it?

It's a very long story, including how N950 was worst thing that could happen to Maemo development "world" (see current problems with once-respectable maintainers, that got N950 virus and disappeared without any trace), why N9 isn't worth considering as successor of N900, etc. Of course all of this apply to Harmattan-powered toys, not Mer.

It's definitely off-topic here, but if You're interested why sane Maemo users hate what Nokia did with Meego/Harmattan/N9(50) etc, just search forum.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:

Tags
camera-ui, fremantle