Active Topics

Posts: 551 | Thanked: 507 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ North West England
It finally happened. My N900 went in for repair just before new year as it had the "General communications failure" type message permanently showing. No amount of paper under the battery was helping any more.
10 days later I get the call "your phone is repaired and back at the shop" - hoorah!
Then I call the shop to confirm, and they have actually decided it was irreparable and replaced it with an E7-00. No asking me first, my N900 is gone for good.

I've bought software, accessories, a car kit for the N900, now all defunct and I have to start all over again. Even worse, all my backups are on the SD card, but the E7 doesn't take memory cards at all, it only has 16Gb of internal storage. Aaaagghhhh!

I think I will have to keep an eye out for a 2nd hand N900. Gutted, just gutted.

Can't you ask them to give you another N900 or a N9 as replacement ? The E7 is not at all the same kind of phone...

I am selling my N900. Well taken care of, but also used extensively. Perfect working order, but a reflash would help as the Application Manager has some odd errors. Apt-get works fine.

Comes with two batteries, charger and oe or two of them funky Nokia to micro USB adapter dongles.

Price, no idea but less than eBay, so PM me or reply if you are interested and we can figure it out.

V.

Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
Originally Posted by JohnLF View Post
It finally happened. My N900 went in for repair just before new year as it had the "General communications failure" type message permanently showing. No amount of paper under the battery was helping any more.
10 days later I get the call "your phone is repaired and back at the shop" - hoorah!
Then I call the shop to confirm, and they have actually decided it was irreparable and replaced it with an E7-00. No asking me first, my N900 is gone for good.

I've bought software, accessories, a car kit for the N900, now all defunct and I have to start all over again. Even worse, all my backups are on the SD card, but the E7 doesn't take memory cards at all, it only has 16Gb of internal storage. Aaaagghhhh!

I think I will have to keep an eye out for a 2nd hand N900. Gutted, just gutted.
sell the E7, grab yourself a N900.

E7 is a sweet piece of hardware though