sorry for the noob question, and if it was answered previously, it would be great to put it on the first comment of this topic;p
how does Gitorious work? and how im i supposed to have qtcontacts-tracker on my n9? thankyou

Posts: 65 | Thanked: 167 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Helsinki
you can look at http://gitorious.org/qtcontacts-tracker, make a clone of it and propose back your changes as a merge request. However, keep in mind that all changes need to be approved not only by core devs, but also by the management... And unfortunately you can't (as far as I know) replace system packages with your own, however there are tricks to bypass that restriction that I have mentioned in an earlier post

(and you already have qtcontacts-tracker on your N9, it's the contacts backend )

thanks for the quick reply...thats great and i would love to take place in the project...unfortunately my level of programming is not that great :/ ;p
so... i just copy the files from the project to my n9's root?
my problem is that contacts do not refresh their information when im connected to my e.g. facebook account
the qtcontacts-tracker will do the job right?

Posts: 229 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Los Angeles
I posted the issue on another thread, but I think I should just repost it here again:

I noticed FB and Gtalk will fail if I have them online on mobile network (on T-Mobile US) and later connected to a Wifi network.

Both of them will show Incorrect Password upon reconnection, other MSN, Yahoo and Skype can reconnect without problem.

The Incorrect Password will not go away even if I keep trying to go online on FB and GTalk.

That problem can be "fixed" if:
1. Connect to mobile network manually.
2. FB and GTalk will go online without problem after swtich back to mobile
3. Go offline on both.
4. Connect back to wifi
5. FB and GTalk will now go online again. However, FB sometimes might ask for the password again.

It seems like you have to sign off on FB and Talk before switching network or some connection states will be messed up to prevent login from the new network?
And in this case, the FB might occassinally lose the password too.

The Following User Says Thank You to mcdull For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tratrafe2 View Post
thanks for the quick reply...thats great and i would love to take place in the project...unfortunately my level of programming is not that great :/ ;p
so... i just copy the files from the project to my n9's root?
my problem is that contacts do not refresh their information when im connected to my e.g. facebook account
the qtcontacts-tracker will do the job right?
If you don't feel perfectly confident with programming and the Harmattan platform, I'd advise against trying that. Actually, just modifying files on your phone will brick it... And Facebook contacts are handled differently, so touching qtcontacts-tracker wouldn't help anyway What do you mean by "Information is not refreshed"?

The Following User Says Thank You to abustany For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mcdull View Post
I posted the issue on another thread, but I think I should just repost it here again:

I noticed FB and Gtalk will fail if I have them online on mobile network (on T-Mobile US) and later connected to a Wifi network.

Both of them will show Incorrect Password upon reconnection, other MSN, Yahoo and Skype can reconnect without problem.

The Incorrect Password will not go away even if I keep trying to go online on FB and GTalk.

That problem can be "fixed" if:
1. Connect to mobile network manually.
2. FB and GTalk will go online without problem after swtich back to mobile
3. Go offline on both.
4. Connect back to wifi
5. FB and GTalk will now go online again. However, FB sometimes might ask for the password again.

It seems like you have to sign off on FB and Talk before switching network or some connection states will be messed up to prevent login from the new network?
And in this case, the FB might occassinally lose the password too.
It seems that the single sign on (SSO) system is having hiccups, unfortunately I have little idea what might be the cause (since contacts and SSO are two different things) :/ I think other people had the same issue as you did (and it's indeed a very annoying one), but I don't know of a simple solution to that, except crossing your fingers and waiting for the next update hoping it'll fix this...

To answer jalyst:
- generic XMPP support: definitely dropped by management. Sad.
- My contacts with first name starting with 'Ch' appear under 'B' instead of 'C' in the N9 address book -> Errrr that is not supposed to happen Does the contact have a nickname too? What happens if you switch to "last name first name" sorting, and back?
- Facebook avatars only in contacts, not in messaging -> not sure how that would happen, Facebook info (phone number etc.) is private to contacts but avatars are public -> in the shared database -> messaging should show them. Does a reboot help?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abustany For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Hi all,
Is any developer able to implement a communication history feature on the n9.

For example, the ability to view the past 5 communications with a contact in the contacts app.

Also, the ability to view the call history with a contact like missed calls, received calls and dialled calls with call duration for each of those calls.

It could be implemented either in the phone app or using the search feature. Using search now will give you the messaging history of a contact. Something similar for calls would be great.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Those from a Blackberry background would get what exactly I'm mentioning.
All the data for this is in the central database, Tracker. You can lookup how to query it using QSparql, and look for all the nmo classes (nmo:Message, nmo:Call...).

The Following User Says Thank You to abustany For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ejasmudar View Post
Hmm when contacts are stored by availability, the starred contacts are no longer given preference. I understand that this may be by design, but it would be better if the starred contacts are shown after the online and busy contacts. This is because, in this mode, quick scroll to diferent letters are not possible (we can only scroll to online, busy, pending, offline) and hence finding contacts is difficult.
My various fights to change that (as well as not showing the "authorization pending" contacts on top when accounts are offline) never yielded any results... Engineers unfortunately can't override designers' decisions.