Active Topics

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ 127.0.0.1
This may be a simple problem and I tried to find for an answer myself, but didn't found one.

I have the same problem as described in this topic.

I would like to set some not default ringtones to contacts.

If I set a custom ringtone as main ringtone, it works properly.
If I set a default ringtone to a contact (change main ringtone only in one contact), it works properly,

but when I set a custom ringtone to a contact, the phone rejected the calls from that contact after one ring.
I want to try and copy my ringtones to home/user/.ringtones but I can't find the folder. I'm working with WinXP, SP3, all updates, hidden files should be visible. (Already tried with a live CD/DVD from Ubuntu. No .ringtones folder there either.)

Can you help a newbie out, please?

Last edited by Yeshua; 2012-01-14 at 15:58.

Haven't got such a folder. Are you sure it is /home/user/.ringtones??? If so, try running xterm and then:
cd
mkdir .ringtones
cd .ringtones

voila

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
I don't have such a folder either by default on the N950.

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 398 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ USA
ringtones are in /home/user/MyDocs/.sounds/Ringtones folder.

Oops the question for N9, not sure where they are..in n9

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ 127.0.0.1
@ szopin and Andre: I got the directory from posters in these topics ->

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=79822

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=81069

They talk about

/home/user/.ringtones

and

/home/user/.ring-tones

I decided to try again with File Manager Beta. It seems I had 'Show hidden files' unchecked it. I checked it and both (!) directories were visible. 'ring-tones' contains ringtones that I downloaded from Ovi/Nokia Store.

I found my anwser, so this topic can be closed. (If I don't get the ringtones to work, then I'll probably open a new topic since the other postings didn't provide an answer.)

Edit: I copied my custom ringtones from /home/user/MyDocs/Music to /home/user/.ring-tones and set them for each contact (some contacts have the same ringtone). It seems to work so I am once again a happy camper!

Last edited by Yeshua; 2012-01-14 at 15:58.

Tags
ringtones