Posts: 256 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Europe
Another two ideas:

1) Bitrate is displayed in Megabits which seems quite unusual. Why not revert to the classic notation of "kbps" or "Kbit/s"? E.g. FLAC -> 1203 Kbit/s, and not 1.2 Mbit/s

2) Instead or additionally to more advanced equalizer QuasuarMX could feature a simplified hi-fi amp-like "bass" and "treble" knobs. That could be effective enough and quite unusual.

The Following User Says Thank You to DarkSkies For This Useful Post:
Posts: 83 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Germany, Oldenburg
Beta 2 is now available from my website: http://katastrophos.net/quasarmx
Nokia Ovi Store should follow soon, hopefully.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to evilJazz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
How about discogs.com? Quite an excellent database with covers with very well documented database API:
http://www.discogs.com/developers/
http://www.discogs.com/developers/re...e/release.html
Thanks, good suggestion, added that to my todo list...

Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
Got already three albums (out of 8 I copied to the phone) which covers the player cannot find. Obviously I will attach my own cover.jpg in the future, yet a properly complex cover database would surely be a nice feature making the player even better.
Mileage varies a lot. Of my 600 albums only 13 cover art images could not be found.
Also, Beta 2 has the fix for the local cover.jpg file. If not, try resetting ~/.cache/media-art and ~/.cache/quasarmx and let QuasarMX rebuild the cache.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to evilJazz For This Useful Post:
I just checked out Beta 2 and the vertical-then-horizontal view bug is fixed, excellent, as well as detecting cover.jpg. Last.fm works okay.

All items are still listed x2 and in the details music is indeed listed in /home/user/.obex-root/ so it seems Quasar would have to exclusively focus on */MyDocs to work properly.

The "next" ( |>|>) button does not work, although AFAIR it used to. Now after clicking it takes me several track forward instead of next file on the list. The "previous" (<|<|) button does not work at all.

This is what I've noticed so far. Generally excellent work. Well done evilJazz.

Last edited by DarkSkies; 2012-01-13 at 02:43.

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Switzerland
I sent this by email already, but I'll post my findings here also. (mainly based on B1 though)

- If shuffle play is selected I would like to get also random first song. I.e., if I just press play it would be nice to start from a random song, not the first song always. Maybe remember what song played last?
- When I start the program, I get the "no song is playing" text, I may be wrong but before the screen did nothing, but it seems to work in beta 2 so that it plays something (or the first song in the library) when I touch the screen. Maybe a "play" button would make that function more apparent?
- The album cover list seemed to "flip" or reload some albumcovers when I left the list still for a few moments. I.e., the album art turned to black for a short moment and then displayed again. It was always the middle column and only some of the albums. I did not see the problem with B2yet so maybe you optimized it already.
- B1 did not let me skip track backwards, the "<" button did nothing. Another problem is that the remote in B2 does not let me skip back, but until the first played song. I only tested it briefly though, start playing, skip to next track, skip to next track, skip back, skip back (i.e., first song) skip back (no change). It should skip to somewhere (random) at least when random/shuffle is selected.

- B1 was not able toi skip track by pressing edges of the album art, B2 works - good.

@Arpa, @DarkSkies, I have not received any reports like that before. Do you have the random mode activated? If so, you can not skip backwards if you are on the first random track and repeat is not enabled. The reason for that is the way the random playlist order is generated internally.
I'll see if I can improve the random playback function.

Originally Posted by Arpa View Post
- The album cover list seemed to "flip" or reload some albumcovers when I left the list still for a few moments. I.e., the album art turned to black for a short moment and then displayed again. It was always the middle column and only some of the albums. I did not see the problem with B2yet so maybe you optimized it already.
Yes, this is caused by a problem with the hardware accelerated surface, which seems to have trouble when too many text objects are displayed on the screen. There is a fix for that but the overview list (genre, artist, album) will be re-worked anyway in one of the next versions.

Also: The N900 version will take a few days longer than expected. I broke the display yesterday. Now waiting for the replacement part to arrive.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to evilJazz For This Useful Post:
Just checked and the problem with |>|> and <|<| was there with shuffle/random switched off, so I restarted the device... and the problem disappeared. This clears up the problem it seems. I will reboot next time after installing QuasarMX. Apparently it may be necessary.

Anyway, evilJazz, thanks for paying attention to what we are saying.

Posts: 185 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Athens Greece
this is a very nice player the only problem tha i have is this one see at the image soory for my bad english.
Attached Images

Yeah, everything's x2. That's a known issue.

Ideas : dlna feature and play to feature would be great thx for a great program

The Following User Says Thank You to Sniper_swe For This Useful Post:

Tags
music, musicplayer, player, quasar, quasarmx