Posts: 254 | Thanked: 509 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Canada
Fairly new N810 user (got a used one on eBay), and I really am enjoying it. I have a question that I haven't been able to figure out the answer for, searching and googling.

I have CSSU and DT installed, my OS on MMC2, and I have created a swap partition on MMC1 of 256MB that I want to use. How do I get this partition to be used as swap at bootup? I can add it via doing a "swapon -a" from the terminal as root.

Last edited by shawnjefferson; 2012-01-13 at 03:37. Reason: title wrong

It's now quite straightforward, you would need to somehow teach ke-recv about the swap partition so that it can be disabled/re-enabled when plugging in USB etc.

But since you are already running DT, give ramzswap a try, you may find you'll get better results with it anyway.

Posts: 254 | Thanked: 509 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Canada
Hi,

I am using ramswapz already as part of DT, but I also wanted to use the swap partition I created on MMC1 (in case I'm running a bunch of apps at once that might use more RAM).

I think it's just a matter of putting "swapon -a" in an init script, I'm just not sure what the correct/proper one would be.

/etc/init.d/ramzswap would seem like a good choice. Just swapon it last so it gets lower priority.

Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
Welcome
Back in the day I moved the swap file around the mmc cards.
Here: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=23534
You can add the swap partition by using the same procedure ("teaching" ke-recv).
Otherwise, you can "hardcode" it in ramzswap init file, as lma said.