I'm not sure how many people are aware of this but in the maemo 5 menu (the one that lists your "apps" in a grid) the keyboard keys q to t and all keys below it correspond to the top of that app grid. So for example if I press g while in that menu it will launch the "app" that is on the second row and fifth column.

So my question is, can we launch an arbitary position app with a keyboard shortcut while in that menu? for example e would launch easy debian even if easy debian is not on the first row, third column.

I didn't find anything on the shortcuts wiki. It doesn't even mention that such shortcuts in the menu exist. I plan to add to the wiki once I gather some information on this if noone has already. For anybody interested, this grid of keys work in the same way in the multitasking view.
http://wiki.maemo.org/N900_Shortcuts_and_Gestures

Last edited by Cue; 2012-01-14 at 08:23. Reason: typo

It's because of Matan modified hildon-desktop, you can read about it here.

/apps/osso/hildon-desktop/key-actions/launcher_navigator_accel
If the value of this is true, icons in the launcher and task navigator can be selected by pressing corresponding keys:
In the task navigator, if the letter is pressed with shift or FN, the corresponding task is closed, instead of switched to.
Examples of how the key work:
q selects leftmost icon in top row.
w selects second icon from left in top row.
t selects fifth icon from left in top row.
s selects second from left icon in second row.
z selects leftmost icon in third row.
v selects fourth icon from left in the third row.
I guess you have CSSU, that's why you can do it.

The Following User Says Thank You to gionni88 For This Useful Post: